• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn’t get you excited about Matt Corral, nothing will

NAS

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

Come on, man, he was never on drugs. The media obviously has gone way overboard with the alcohol stuff also. Panthers fans don't need to be the source of disinformation (even in jest). It's in poor taste at best.

You are lecturing the Huddle lowest common denominator. Waste of effort.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, CRA said:

yeah, I mean there is a poster going around claiming Matt Rhule inherited a horrible situation because he lost all these leaders and former greats when got here.  However.... 

what that poster continues to ignore is Matt Rhule straight up cut them all.  He inhertied leadership and he choose to send them all packing (Luke being the lone exception.  And Luke was probably just too smart to sacrifice his body for the clown show). 

Rhule inherited Cam - Rhule cut him

Rhule inherited Olsen - Rhule cut him

Rhule inherited Reid - Rhule cut him. 

If you're referring to me.  The discussion was whether RR and Rhule walked into  comparable situations.  They didn't.

Olsen, Cam and Reid were approaching the end of their careers when Rhule came here.  Cam and Olsen had barely played in 2 years and Reid's production had dropped off.  Meanwhile,  Steve Smith, Jordan Gross,Ryan Kahlil, Deangelo Williams, Johnathon Stewart, Ted Davis, Charles Johnson, and the #1 draft pick, Cam Newton, all had plenty left in the tank.

37 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, winning a single game with The Golden Calf of Bristol as your QB IMO is a pretty big accomplishment. 

I would give him high praise if The Golden Calf of Bristol was forced on him.   The fact he wanted The Golden Calf of Bristol is the headscratcher.  

Lol fair point.  If I remember correctly that defense carried them through most of their wins with him...

3 hours ago, CRA said:

He only took 2018 off. He was trying to land OC jobs again starting in 2019. That’s 3 straight years of people not wanting him.  

So you preferred a different OC this time?  Who?

Or you just going to rag on the new one before there's a single offensive snap?

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

Unless Sam Darnold goes out there and has done a complete 180° in terms of his play on the field there’s no reason for them Panthers not to go with Matt Corral.

They obviously drafted him for a reason and it makes sense if the Panthers don't think they are quite playoff ready to see what they have in Corral before next years draft.

I hope what their saying is true and the best player will win  the position.    I hope Corral tears it up in camp.  If its close, Sam's going to start.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

So you preferred a different OC this time?  Who?

Or you just going to rag on the new one before there's a single offensive snap?

Ben McAdoo is not my ideal OC hire.   Nor was it anyone's given he had been striking out the past 3 seasons looking to be an OC. 

But realistically, we weren't going to have great options to entertain given where we currently find the Carolina Panthers.  I accept that part.  

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol fair point.  If I remember correctly that defense carried them through most of their wins with him...

I still think The Golden Calf of Bristol could of been a great football player.  Just not a QB.  If he was willing and Skip Bayless and the media would just of allowed him to be roleplayer. 

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

What were we, like 6-10 Cam's first season? After his first game, no one needed to tell anyone that we had a franchise QB, and no one will have to tell us after Corral's first game either. Listen to what I'm saying. 

Yup.  I felt it first game.  422 yards, 3TDs.  Oh yeah.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I still think The Golden Calf of Bristol could of been a great football player.  Just not a QB.  If he was willing and Skip Bayless and the media would just of allowed him to be roleplayer. 

Worst passing mechanics I ever saw...

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The only thing that will get me "excited" about Matt Corral is winning football games.  Chris Simms praise means nothing.  

This is true.  Didn't he like Darnold, and our trade for him?  I forget.

I still like anyone saying positive stuff about our QB.