• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

June 1st Cuts

14 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

You can't pick up a player's 5th year option in their 3rd year. Dude's trolling.

I legit didn’t know that. If he has the same type of season this year do you think it’s worth picking up? I’d probably pass 

4 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

we'll probably be looking at LBs an DTs....no pass rushers worth anything will be let go because they're too valuable.  Rhule said he wanted a LT, QB and pass rusher, and we got the first 2 in the draft.

Theres a few pass rushers available right now- A Barr and trey Flowers. Clowney is a bigger edge. JPP is out there too. I mean thats 4 legit names, whom are 30ish but had pr-bowl seasons recently.

Griffen and dunlap are 2 more, sure they are older, but still got snaps&stats last year. 

Edited by Basbear

5 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

think he's from Charleston...he might want to come here.  

He played football at UNC and was kicked off the team for accepting a couple thousand from an agent, and has been completely disassociated from the university. If he did it today nobody would have noticed.   

16 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

I wonder why we’re sitting on our cap space and Hicks is still a free agent. He’d do wonders for run D.

Look at next year's cap number and you will understand why.  We freed it up for Watson, but lost out. We need to roll over as much of that cap space as possible to dig out of hole created by restructuring all the contracts to pursue Watson.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Look at next year's cap number and you will understand why.  We freed it up for Watson, but lost out. We need to roll over as much of that cap space as possible to dig out of hole created by restructuring all the contracts to pursue Watson.

If we’re gonna sit on this cap- let’s unroll these contracts lol. I mean we have the cap, might as well sign hicks to a 1 year or front loaded contract.

2 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

If we’re gonna sit on this cap- let’s unroll these contracts lol. I mean we have the cap, might as well sign hicks to a 1 year or front loaded contract.

You can't un-structure a restructure.  It' not like the front office can say...'well, we didn't get our guy (Watson) so we are going tear up this new deal and just use the old one instead.'  Cutting them doubles down on stupid.  At this point the damage is done, don't make it any worse.  Again, rolling over the available cap to 2023 is the most fiscal responsible thing possible to do at this point.   We are -$30 million towards the cap in 2023.  Even if we roll over 100% of our available cap now, the team is still $5 million in the red.

On 5/21/2022 at 11:02 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well June 1st is looming and some teams may be parting with players to save money.  I just read an article where GB may depart ways with 

K-Mason Crosby, LB-Ty Summers and DL Dean Lowry.

Has one heard of other names that we might be interested in?   

Do we need a kicker though? 🤔

Gonzalez did pretty well last year.

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

You can't un-structure a restructure.  It' not like the front office can say...'well, we didn't get our guy (Watson) so we are going tear up this new deal and just use the old one instead.'  Cutting them doubles down on stupid.  At this point the damage is done, don't make it any worse.  Again, rolling over the available cap to 2023 is the most fiscal responsible thing possible to do at this point.   We are -$30 million towards the cap in 2023.  Even if we roll over 100% of our available cap now, the team is still $5 million in the red.

I know how it works lol, I’m speaking sarcastically.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1