• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game #4 Canes vs Rangers 7pm Puck Drop

Not gonna lie, I turned off the game after it went 2-0 in the 1st. The officiating is garbage throughout the NHL, but it's magnified in the playoffs. No consistency and a very obvious bias towards the big market teams. If anyone would have told me before the game the Canes would only have 2 PPs for the entire game, I'd say they were nuts with the way NY has been tripping, hooking and interfering the entire series.

But, I have no control over that. So, I focus on the team instead and, right now, I have no answers, only questions. The Canes are clearly the better team, but playing down to the competition has always been their Achilles heel. They look nervous playing on someone else's ice- they looked that way in Boston and they look the same in NY. Missed passes, mishandling the puck, sloppy turnovers, bad decisions, etc. I don't know the Canes will get out of this series the way they're playing right now.

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Not gonna lie, I turned off the game after it went 2-0 in the 1st. The officiating is garbage throughout the NHL, but it's magnified in the playoffs. No consistency and a very obvious bias towards the big market teams. If anyone would have told me before the game the Canes would only have 2 PPs for the entire game, I'd say they were nuts with the way NY has been tripping, hooking and interfering the entire series.

But, I have no control over that. So, I focus on the team instead and, right now, I have no answers, only questions. The Canes are clearly the better team, but playing down to the competition has always been their Achilles heel. They look nervous playing on someone else's ice- they looked that way in Boston and they look the same in NY. Missed passes, mishandling the puck, sloppy turnovers, bad decisions, etc. I don't know the Canes will get out of this series the way they're playing right now.

All truths except we will get out of the series. I’m confident in that one. We will win tmrw, lose in NY, then win in game 7. Unless magic happens and we win game 6. Canes are still very good. Remember,  2 open nets and a goal post last night it would be a tie game. It’s not like we are bad.  Some of our players just need to step up and get better goalie play on the road. WE WILL BE FINE. This is the same as the Boston series. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

All truths except we will get out of the series. I’m confident in that one. We will win tmrw, lose in NY, then win in game 7. Unless magic happens and we win game 6. Canes are still very good. Remember,  2 open nets and a goal post last night it would be a tie game. It’s not like we are bad.  Some of our players just need to step up and get better goalie play on the road. WE WILL BE FINE. This is the same as the Boston series. 

We were bad. Don’t be delusional.

15 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

You obviously don’t post in these game threads. I’ve had the same message each time. Plus I don’t overreact after 1… bad game. Come back when you have something better to say. 

Constant positivity can be just as annoying as constant negativity. 
Canes are not a Stanley Cup team. We will lose at home eventually. 
We barely won at home the last 2 times. 
Also it isn’t just one bad game. 

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Constant positivity can be just as annoying as constant negativity. 
Canes are not a Stanley Cup team. We will lose at home eventually. 
We barely won at home the last 2 times. 
Also it isn’t just one bad game. 

Whatever man playoffs are about wins and losses that’s it who gives a poo how they played. Don’t come at me with over positivity it’s too much. If you don’t like it go somewhere else. 

I swear, a lot of you people are your very typical Panthers fans. If you play like poo but you win the team sucks. We’re two and two in the second round of the playoffs. We’re play nothing but good teams and one of the last eight teams left   I don’t give a poo how we play, as long as we win. If you’re going to get bent out of shape go back to the Panthers form. Or like Trevor said the Reddit forms. That place is full of negativity and toxicity. We ain’t got time for that poo here. We’re here for championships and to win.

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Go back to reddit the constant vomit there should be right up your alley 

100%. Imagine being annoyed by someone because they are too positive…. If someone gets annoyed because you’re too positive that person has struggles in their life that bleed into many things. I’m gonna continue to be positive on here and watch us beat the Rangers in this round. 

• Flames 1

I think the disconnect is that objectively we are a more talented team than the Rangers. There is a blatant psychological hurdle the team needs to overcome when going on the road, forecheck and pp are nonexistent, and our premier players we’ve recently signed to 6-8 year long contracts are noticeably absent on the road and some of them at home. Its frustrating to watch and couple that win at questionable reffing (I’m not the most experienced/knowledgeable fan) or at best inconsistent reffing and it makes for an apathetic fan base. 

• Flames 1

30 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

100%. Imagine being annoyed by someone because they are too positive…. If someone gets annoyed because you’re too positive that person has struggles in their life that bleed into many things. I’m gonna continue to be positive on here and watch us beat the Rangers in this round. 

You are NOT the mod of this forum and thank god for that because you and your homerism would ban anyone with anything negative to say about the Hurricanes both you and TT22 are some of the worse fans on the other side of the spectrum. 
You don’t let anyone be critical of the team and immediately slam anyone who is. 
Guess what so am not going anywhere. Nor will I ever say anything to get banned from the forum. 

38 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Whatever man playoffs are about wins and losses that’s it who gives a poo how they played. Don’t come at me with over positivity it’s too much. If you don’t like it go somewhere else. 

Or I could just ignore you. But I really don’t feel like it. You are not as bad as TT22. 

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Go back to reddit the constant vomit there should be right up your alley 

Nah man. This is a free FAN forum. Not a “Only Say Positive Things About the Hurricanes Forum”. 
I will be positive when it is right to be positive. I will be negative when there is a need to be negative. 
I will not slapping a smile on my face and say everything is alright. I am not that type of fan or person. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan