• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Huddle Fitterer Approval Rating

kungfoodude

Fitterer Approval  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of the job Scott Fitterer is doing?

1 hour ago, CRA said:

There are only 32 NFL GM jobs in the world. Might have something to do with that.  

So he was desperate?

Worried he'd never get another look?

All that said, I respect Fitterer but he's part and parcel to King Ghidora, the dominant beast in the Panthers biosphere... 👊

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So he was desperate?

Worried he'd never get another look?

All that said, I respect Fitterer but he's part and parcel to King Ghidora, the dominant beast in the Panthers biosphere... 👊

nah, again, there are only 32 NFL GM jobs in the entire world.   That’s just you doing your weird thing you do.  Someone takes X job.  Then you claim they must think Y team is great because they did it.   There are just 32 of them.  The worst one is still a good one . Not saying that is us but whoever it is.  There are only 32.  Whether we are talking GM or video guy

7 hours ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

yeah the Corral one is personal hahaha. He's my dude. Like I still feel like this is a fever dream and we are still a week before the draft, I can't believe he's a Panther and we snagged him in the 3rd. I haven't gone balls deep and bought a jersey, but its coming...

I mean.....I don't really believe in any QB taken that far down the draft and especially in a class that weak.

But if he even became an average NFL starter, that isn't a home run, it's a grand slam. That would make Fitterer look amazing.

• Pie 1

Without knowing specifics I think he has done a good job.  I suspect there has been a power shift from Rhule holding all the power to them having confidence in his input.  I think he has done a fairly decent job thus far.  Still have to judge him on perceived value based on what he has gotten.  Draft this year and last looks good if they start to produce.  The FA signings to fix the line this year looks good on paper.  On value and need he gets an A with the exception of the Anderson deal.  Production is a TBD. 

I was not impressed in year 1, and still trying to figure out if I'm impressed now...but as far as up or down vote, I'll go with up...for now.

Of the three Kings up there, Fitts seems to be the only one that understands the NFL.

That said, his free agency has been pretty damn bad...I don't know if Rhule had a lot to do with year 1 of that...and I'm guessing yes...so it's hard to say, but this years seems better.

Robbie's and CMC's extensions and Sam's 5th year were real head scratchers for me, didn't like any of those moves.

• Beer 1

Do you guys honestly think Rhule and/or Fitterer are making unilateral decisions when it comes to the roster?  A coach/GM relationship should be highly collaborative; otherwise, that's a sign of a highly dysfunctional partnership IMO if they are on wildly different pages on roster moves (FA, extensions, draft, etc.).  It's very difficult to evaluate them individually when it comes to roster management.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Do you guys honestly think Rhule and/or Fitterer are making unilateral decisions when it comes to the roster?  A coach/GM relationship should be highly collaborative; otherwise, that's a sign of a highly dysfunctional partnership IMO if they are on wildly different pages on roster moves (FA, extensions, draft, etc.).  It's very difficult to evaluate them individually when it comes to roster management.

Well collectively they get a failing grade on the management of the QB position.  Everyone that has been involved does since 2020. 

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well collectively they get a failing grade on the management of the QB position.  Everyone that has been involved does since 2020. 

Well yeah...my whole point is that it's hard to evaluate them individually when it comes to roster management because you don't really know the power dynamic behind-the-scenes nor do you know which of them is driving any individual move.  It's much more straightforward on the other hand, to evaluate them as a pairing, which is what you're talking about.

It's like when Ron was the coach and Hurney was the GM and we had some pretty bad drafts and then Ron gets fired and Rhule came in and everyone loved Rhule/Hurney's first draft together (at the time) and people were all "CLEARLY this was Rhule's draft cause it was so much more awesomer than our other Hurney drafts in the previous years!!".  But I would argue that the Ron/Hurney partnership needs to be evaluated separately from the Rhule/Hurney partnership, which needs to be evaluated separately from the Rhule/Fitterer partnership.  Coach/GM pairings create complex dynamics when it comes to roster management.  I'm only talking specifically roster management...there are some things we can probably confidently evaluate them individually on, like game management, which I would give Rhule like a D- on.

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Well yeah...my whole point is that it's hard to evaluate them individually when it comes to roster management because you don't really know the power dynamic behind-the-scenes nor do you know which of them is driving any individual move.  It's much more straightforward on the other hand, to evaluate them as a pairing, which is what you're talking about.

It's like when Ron was the coach and Hurney was the GM and we had some pretty bad drafts and then Ron gets fired and Rhule came in and everyone loved Rhule/Hurney's first draft together (at the time) and people were all "CLEARLY this was Rhule's draft cause it was so much more awesomer than our other Hurney drafts in the previous years!!".  But I would argue that the Ron/Hurney partnership needs to be evaluated separately from the Rhule/Hurney partnership, which needs to be evaluated separately from the Rhule/Fitterer partnership.  Coach/GM pairings create complex dynamics when it comes to roster management.  I'm only talking specifically roster management...there are some things we can probably confidently evaluate them individually on, like game management, which I would give Rhule like a D- on.

Essentially every draft has been overall loved at the time.  Heck, there were people calling Jimmy Jam a steal. 

yeah, it’s a blurry line.   I generally put the bulk on the HC.  Because I think generally we have operated wanting to do what our HCs prefer.  Which IMO is the right way to do it generally.   Who knows where it really goes.  My gut has always been the 2010 and now the 2022 drafts were the 2 the GM might of been the heaviest in getting his their preference though. 

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

Essentially every draft has been overall loved at the time.  Heck, there were people calling Jimmy Jam a steal. 

yeah, it’s a blurry line.   I generally put the bulk on the HC.  Because I think generally we have operated wanting to do what our HCs prefer.  Which IMO is the right way to do it generally.   Who knows where it really goes.  My gut has always been the 2010 and now the 2022 drafts were the 2 the GM might of been the heaviest in getting his their preference though. 

It's probably a reasonable assumption to think that the hotter a coach's seat/the shorter his leash, the less authority he has to override the GM if there is a roster disagreement.  That probably applies to Fox in 2010 and Rhule in 2022, so again a reasonable assumption to think the GM had more flexibility to steer roster decisions.  That's part of the complexity of the coach/GM dynamic, that their individual roles/responsibilities/authorities are somewhat fluid depending on the warmth of their seats.  I'm sure Rhule probably had more influence on roster management in his rookie season when Tepper threw his entire support (and wallet) behind Rhule, whereas present day, the power dynamic has probably shifted away from Rhule and more towards Fitterer.  Again, it's all speculation though.

Edited by MasterAwesome

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

I was not impressed in year 1, and still trying to figure out if I'm impressed now...but as far as up or down vote, I'll go with up...for now.

Of the three Kings up there, Fitts seems to be the only one that understands the NFL.

That said, his free agency has been pretty damn bad...I don't know if Rhule had a lot to do with year 1 of that...and I'm guessing yes...so it's hard to say, but this years seems better.

Robbie's and CMC's extensions and Sam's 5th year were real head scratchers for me, didn't like any of those moves.

On the free agency front...

2021 = Fitterer / Rhule

2022 = Fitterer / Morgan / Rhule

That's where I see the difference.

As mentioned earlier, Morgan has a strong pro personnrl background whereas Fitterer has really only been a college scouting guy.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1