• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don’t be surprised if this former panther becomes available

TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I still have tremendous hopes for TMJ. I think his first year was a poo situation under Brady

I don't know what to think. He was a guy I thought was gonna be an immediate impact player in 2021.

But, right now Samuel is a far better player(until proven otherwise).

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It's also a comparison of a #2 WR versus a slot/multi-use guy. There is no chance could bring in Samuel to replace Robby because Samuel is literally not a #1 or #2 WR. He's nothing like that.

Frankly, they could very easily co-exist on the same offense. 

Dude wtf are you talking about, it doesn’t matter where you line up at to determine whether your a WR1/2/3/whatever the fug. Have you not watched any football in the last ten years? Look at Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, Davante Adams etc, their all bonafide WR1’s who line up in the slot very frequently if not majority snap count. Every statistic I have showing Curtis Samuels superior efficacy metrics vs Robby. Curtis is more of a WR2 then Robby if anything Hes more efficient thus making him a SUPERIOR WR.

Edited by shaq

6 hours ago, toldozer said:

Beyond stupid for him to sign in Washington.  Even if healthy he wasn't going to be productive with Ron 

The money says otherwise. As a former 2nd rounder go get your PAYDAY wherever it is.

He'd be an excellent fit here, people forget how well he played in 2020, had 1,000 rushing / receiving. 

1 hour ago, shaq said:

Dude wtf are you talking about, it doesn’t matter where you line up at to determine whether your a WR1/2/3/whatever the fug. Have you not watched any football in the last ten years? Look at Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, Davante Adams etc, their all bonafide WR1’s who line up in the slot very frequently if not majority snap count. Every statistic I have showing Curtis Samuels superior efficacy metrics vs Robby. Curtis is more of a WR2 then Robby if anything Hes more efficient thus making him a SUPERIOR WR.

Those are examples of elite receivers being able to play X, Y, F, and Z. Some players in the NFL just simply can not play X. They can’t manage the boundary, they need space, and vice versa.

Curtis struggled nightly on the boundary, that’s why he succeeded his final year here, we moved him inside and out of the backfield. This creates mismatches and open zones. On this depth chart, Samuel would not be on the outside, he’d strictly be a gadget type player.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, shaq said:

First, calm down Curtis, I am not insulting you. Chill out for a minute.

As far as superior WR....eh.....that's definitely debatable. Samuel is a much more versatile weapon but he's even more inconsistent than Robby over the span of his career. Also, his most successful season(by a wide margin) was when he was used more like Deebo Samuel than anything like a traditional WR. He's not the same player and when we tried to use him like Robby Anderson, he was extremely unsuccessful. Robby has been far better being a traditional WR/deep threat versus a gadget player like Samuel. 

Hence why I said they could easily co-exist in the same offense. Their ideal usage is entirely different. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Those are examples of elite receivers being able to play X, Y, F, and Z. Some players in the NFL just simply can not play X. They can’t manage the boundary, they need space, and vice versa.

Curtis struggled nightly on the boundary, that’s why he succeeded his final year here, we moved him inside and out of the backfield. This creates mismatches and open zones. On this depth chart, Samuel would not be on the outside, he’d strictly be a gadget type player.

The #1 receiver is more of a title than a position. I would say that your #1 receiver is the receiver who would get focused on by the opposing defence, as he is the most dangerous weapon for the passing game. It could be argued, for example in san francisco with Kittle, that even a tight end could be a team's number one receiver. Being wr 1 does not mean their just the X or the Y/F/Z. Also just so you know Robby is not even an X receiver, he doesn’t have the strength to beat off press man so he is limited himself. 

56 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

First, calm down Curtis, I am not insulting you. Chill out for a minute.

As far as superior WR....eh.....that's definitely debatable. Samuel is a much more versatile weapon but he's even more inconsistent than Robby over the span of his career. Also, his most successful season(by a wide margin) was when he was used more like Deebo Samuel than anything like a traditional WR. He's not the same player and when we tried to use him like Robby Anderson, he was extremely unsuccessful. Robby has been far better being a traditional WR/deep threat versus a gadget player like Samuel. 

Hence why I said they could easily co-exist in the same offense. Their ideal usage is entirely different. 

For starters Robby didn’t even start producing in the NFL until he was 25, Curtis is 25 right now with even more room to grow in terms of his route tree. The NFL has changed, these distinctions of oh he can’t play X so he can’t be a WR1 are days of the past. Deebo is the perfect example so thank you, he is a RAC machine who might not fit the stereotype WR1 but is damn well a WR1 and a great one at that. Also Robby is just as limited if not more then Curtis, Robby is one of the weakest WRS I’ve watched in a while he struggles against press man mightily, he is as you say just a deep threat and he is more isolated to that role then Curtis is to a gadget player. Curtis produced great in the slot for us and as a RAC guy, Curtis is a very similar player to Deebo and in a Shannahan scheme he could probably be a WR1. I’m not saying in these current Mcadoo scheme that’s nessesarily possible for Curtis currently, but he is more of a WR2 then Robby is currently as well. Yes your right they could coexist on the same feild, they pair well but Curtis is the better pass catcher which indeed makes him the WR2 rather then Robby. 

19 minutes ago, shaq said:

The #1 receiver is more of a title than a position. I would say that your #1 receiver is the receiver who would get focused on by the opposing defence, as he is the most dangerous weapon for the passing game. It could be argued, for example in san francisco with Kittle, that even a tight end could be a team's number one receiver. Being wr 1 does not mean their just the X or the Y/F/Z. Also just so you know Robby is not even an X receiver, he doesn’t have the strength to beat off press man so he is limited himself. 

All this does is align with what I just said. I don’t know if there is a counter point here or you are just agreeing with me.

as for RA he proved in 2020 that he is a Z in this league. DJ is our X. Always has been.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, shaq said:

For starters Robby didn’t even start producing in the NFL until he was 25, Curtis is 25 right now with even more room to grow in terms of his route tree. The NFL has changed, these distinctions of oh he can’t play X so he can’t be a WR1 are days of the past. Deebo is the perfect example so thank you, he is a RAC machine who might not fit the stereotype WR1 but is damn well a WR1 and a great one at that. Also Robby is just as limited if not more then Curtis, Robby is one of the weakest WRS I’ve watched in a while he struggles against press man mightily, he is as you say just a deep threat and he is more isolated to that role then Curtis is to a gadget player. Curtis produced great in the slot for us and as a RAC guy, Curtis is a very similar player to Deebo and in a Shannahan scheme he could probably be a WR1. I’m not saying in these current Mcadoo scheme that’s nessesarily possible for Curtis currently, but he is more of a WR2 then Robby is currently as well. Yes your right they could coexist on the same feild, they pair well but Curtis is the better pass catcher which indeed makes him the WR2 rather then Robby. 

Listen, I don't know what is triggering you specifically but it's probably not something I am saying, it's something you believe I am saying. 

Also, I think your opinion of Curtis is much higher than is warranted. He's never really proven to be much more than a 2nd or 3rd WR on a team. You can't utilize him as a primary target any more than Ted Ginn could be. They are complimentary weapons to an offense, not guys that can carry that load. Primarily because they are typically extremely inconsistent players. Curtis Samuel is a great example of that. His production has been all over the map his entire career(some of that is injuries, obviously). Robby has been much more consistent, albeit generally pretty underwhelming. 

Also, Curtis has very little of the RAC ability that Deebo does. In fact of the three WR's, Curtis has the lowest YAC/R of any of them. That was actually something he was rather criticized for here, if you recall.

And don't use that "only 25 years old" argument. That is shades of Darnold apologists. 

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Listen, I don't know what is triggering you specifically but it's probably not something I am saying, it's something you believe I am saying. 

Also, I think your opinion of Curtis is much higher than is warranted. He's never really proven to be much more than a 2nd or 3rd WR on a team. You can't utilize him as a primary target any more than Ted Ginn could be. They are complimentary weapons to an offense, not guys that can carry that load. Primarily because they are typically extremely inconsistent players. Curtis Samuel is a great example of that. His production has been all over the map his entire career(some of that is injuries, obviously). Robby has been much more consistent, albeit generally pretty underwhelming. 

Also, Curtis has very little of the RAC ability that Deebo does. In fact of the three WR's, Curtis has the lowest YAC/R of any of them. That was actually something he was rather criticized for here, if you recall.

And don't use that "only 25 years old" argument. That is shades of Darnold apologists. 

I clearly misunderstood you as I have realized I actually agree with what your saying, I probably got carried away with seeing everyone trash Curtis with no real justification. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

All this does is align with what I just said. I don’t know if there is a counter point here or you are just agreeing with me.

as for RA he proved in 2020 that he is a Z in this league. DJ is our X. Always has been.

Honestly I probably took something you said out of context, reading back I have very similar opinions. Hope all is well, thank you for the banter.

• Pie 1

I am not surprised at all. I'm happy for the guy but it wasn't a good contract for their team.

IDK a reasonable contract for him sounds fine. Our 2nd round pick from last year showed nothing yet but I'm still hopeful in a prove it way. Maybe he could convince CMC to make that move by proving some production while healthy? Barkley up in NY is rourmored to be doing exactly what I wish CMC would do. Whatever, we got much bigger problems unfortunately.