• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther's Secondary This Year.

Michael G

16 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Henderson looks like a solid find in the mid-rounds...we took him not because of need but because he was BPA and we were surprised to see him last so late.  He looked good when forced into action due to injuries last year.

I think Horn is going to be an Pro Bowler if he can stay healthy.  A non contact injury is concerning, but he looks the real deal, and when all is said and done, he may be the best corner in Panthers history.

The cornerback group is our strongest area in our defense...we are talented, athletic, deep and young.  

I really think Horn being back shuts down his area of the field, which will help our front 7 a lot.

Henderson was a top 10 pick by JAX we traded for last year, it cost us a mid rounder but we didn't draft him there... I'm optimistic about his future with Wilks coaching him and he's young with insane upside, but he was not that good last year in my opinion.

Horn is an absolute stud and I think will be the best corner we've ever had. Hopefully no more injuries for him. Jackson is underrated and a very good #2 across from Horn. Chinn back at SS should be a stud difference maker. I like the Woods signing but FS is still a bit of a weak spot. We're paying him as a fringe starter/backup so I don't expect him to be a world beater back there. Fortunately we probably won't need him to be. Depth at CB if any of our top 3 get hurt is a bit of a concern too. Otherwise yeah I really like our secondary this year.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

They're probably going to need to be good because this year's pass rush isn't likely as good as last year's.

Throw in that teams realized they could run on us last year. If they still can, that doesn't help either.

burns is going to break out with 16+ sacks

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Without a credible threat on the other side? That's a tough sell.

Gets even tougher when you remember that teams have figured out they can run on him.

they will soon figure out they cant

also, Gross Tomatoes will breakout as well.  thats the thing with young players with upside.  they arent stagnant.  i can personally guarantee what i just proclaimed 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

they will soon figure out they cant

also, Gross Tomatoes will breakout as well.  thats the thing with young players with upside.  they arent stagnant.  i can personally guarantee what i just proclaimed 

Last season gave pretty clear evidence that they can.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

Henderson looks like a solid find in the mid-rounds...we took him not because of need but because he was BPA and we were surprised to see him last so late.  He looked good when forced into action due to injuries last year.

Im not sure which player you are talking about here.... originally I thought you were referring to Taylor but i dont think nayone was surprised he was there for the pick....

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

Corner Backs on the Roster; Horn, D.Jax, Henderson, Taylor, Westry, S.T-Oliver III, R. Melvin, Hartsfield (DB/N) and M. Harper (an UDFA). Who starts where? Whats the rotation like? Who gets cut besides Harper? Who handles the nickel if not Hartsfield (or if he gets hurt)?

I forgot to include K. Barnes here. the guy from Baylor we drafted late this past year. he's lights out fast and decent sized. Got to think they make a place for him on the roster unless he really blows at camp.

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:
1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

Im not sure which player you are talking about here.... originally I thought you were referring to Taylor but i dont think nayone was surprised he was there for the pick....

Yeah Taylor we got in the 5th I think draft before last. he has played well, but had some growing pains too. Henderson was a 1st round pick by the Jags- (3 drafts ago?). Both great athletes (Taylor is bigger, Henderson faster). They may be competing with each other for an increased role.