• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony DeAngelo Traded To The Flyers

Don’t like this. Draft picks in the NHL are for the future more so than any other sport. We are good now, losing a blue liner of Tony’s caliber for a bag of lower picks is a toughy. 

We may strike gold with the picks but we had a really good d-man at a time when our cup window is open. 

• Pie 1

Not that I love it but we just had RFA rights. He could sign anywhere and we would get, you guessed it, picks. This is a smart move in that we let him go out and find his worth, 5mil per over 2 years. If we aren’t willing to do that, make the trade and get our picks now.

We can go into FA with this already handled, and know where we need to spend money.

The other thing is, he is a personality risk. Who knows where he is at on this better than the team. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Dumb. We will always be a poverty franchise with Dumbdon making moves like this. 

The team has been stagnant the past 4 seasons in the talent department. None or very little improvement in adding talent. Luckily it`s been during this window we have atm. However, you have to improve your team while everyone else is. We can`t stay the same or else we will get left behind. Teams will start to figure you out when you become limited or stuck with the same talent. Right now we are not a better team than last season.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I think TDA had something to do with this, to be honest. The fact he went back home, he ha and s a strong charity program and presence in Philly and I heard there was a family issue as well.

As I said earlier, it wouldn't surprise me he and Waddell had come to an understanding. After all, Philly was in need and we were probably very close to the same salary. So the Canes took the picks instead.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1