• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Help me, I'm feeling optimistic.

Zod

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pete Carmichael has been the Saints OC since 2009.

Probably more important how well he knows the offense than Dennis Allen.

Good point, but I suspect that they both know the offense. I don't like to admit it, but I'd bet that at the moment, they know their sh¡t much better than our guys know theirs. That's why I'm not too optimistic that we'll split the series, much less beat them both games. A lot has to be going right for us to do that.

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

So don't count on that W.

I don't count anything a W.  I said we don't know what he'll look like.  Lance did not blow the doors off in his rookie debut like Baker did.   All we really have is his body of work last year with a 59 pff, 33.4 QBR, 57% completion rate, but a 97.3 PR. He may evolve into an awesome QB, but he wasn't last year. 

9ers are a "?".

Reports  are just chatter either way.  We don't know what he will actually do.

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You keep saying that, but that doesn't make it true. The total yards may not be as indicative of a great defense as other stats, but it's not indicative of a defense that's irreparably lost either. It means that there is some talent to work with that needs to be honed to reach its potential. Whether Snow can do it is another question. The stat isn't "bogus" though. It happened. Like I've told you before, the difference between us being top five and bottom five is likely in our ability to get off the field on third downs. That was the biggest failing of our defense last season as far as I'm concerned. Change that, and I see a top 10 defense all day long. Surely YGM, our new green LBs, and our other "third round pick" this year will have to play a part in getting us off the field, but there is a scenario where our #2 ranked total-yards-defense of 2021 can improve to be legit In 2022.

It's totally bogus. Yards are a sh-tty stat to judge by.

Can you seriously tell me you watched that defense down the stretch last year and call them the second best defense in the league with a straight face?

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's totally bogus. Yards are a sh-tty stat to judge by.

Can you seriously tell me you watched that defense down the stretch last year and call them the second best defense in the league with a straight face?

They had mailed it in by then. But, even still, the defense was dealing with a lot, as they did all year. I think that it's just being somewhat disingenuous to just regard the stat as completely "bogus" than to consider it within a greater context. 

• Pie 1

I've got them at 7-10. That's optimistic. Fielding failed QBs from bottom feeder franchises is wanton exercise of futility.

They aren't coached well and have inherent traits that prevent "elite" or even above average from ever coming to be.

Living off the Browns and Jets failed hopes and dreams are we?

Golden State Warriors No GIF by NBA

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

They had mailed it in by then. But, even still, the defense was dealing with a lot, as they did all year. I think that it's just being somewhat disingenuous to just regard the stat as completely "bogus" than to consider it within a greater context. 

If they "mailed it in", then they're not the second best defense in the league by any stat.

And frankly, I don't care if they gave up the fewest yards in NFL history if in the process they still gave up a load of points.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If they "mailed it in", then they're not the second best defense in the league by any stat.

And frankly, I don't care if they gave up the fewest yards in NFL history if in the process they still gave up a load of points.

We lost games after being tested physically while the Rhule offense kinda bumbled and stumbled. The defense won games though but lacked toughness in dog fights later in the season. Allegedly other teams called us soft.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Meaningless games at the end of the year are meaningless. Count it against them if you want. At this point, most are looking ahead to the coming season. I think we'll be better overall if we stay healthy. 

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Meaningless games at the end of the year are meaningless. Count it against them if you want. At this point, most are looking ahead to the coming season. I think we'll be better overall if we stay healthy. 

I can't speak for you, but the notion that we should be excited about a bunch of guys who gave up and quit last year being a lot better going into this year... Isn't one that I find especially logical 😕

People cry about Matt Corral not being man enough to play day one. They cry about him being a third rounder who can't possibly learn a playbook because he said it's a challenge. Matt Corral didn't just become QB1 of the SEC in 2021 for no reason.

He elevated that squad two big seasons. The guys loved and respected him. That's sounds like the guy we need. Instead he's automatically being put in bubble wrap, being tucked in and spoon fed playbook for a year or two until he grows big and strong enough to come up from the SEC and throw in the NFL.

F'n nonsense and exactly why this team is the laughing stock.

Sam and Baker are HIS backups. If they actually respected McAdoo enough to let him bring the kid in. Maybe better than the Jets with Zach Wilson but equal to Mac Jones or better, franchise saved. Plus the NFL doesn't know Matt Corral, that's a uppercut.

Obviously Rhule is insane recycling a QB again over playing the new stud.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can't speak for you, but the notion that we should be excited about a bunch of guys who gave up and quit last year being a lot better going into this year... Isn't one that I find especially logical 😕

They were ranked around 10th in the league heading into week 17. In fantasy they were like 27th in actual willing to gamble on them preventing points or forcing turnovers, which is pretty much the goal of defense, not limiting a particular amount of yards or whatever stats people like to throw out there