• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OL Predictions Pre TC

Michael G

Until camp starts we all know who projects as the starters. The question is who earns a spot in camp and surprises everyone. Does Brown come in with his NFL body or does he even make the roster. At least some of our starters last year will be nothing but backups this year.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Until camp starts we all know who projects as the starters. The question is who earns a spot in camp and surprises everyone. Does Brown come in with his NFL body or does he even make the roster. At least some of our starters last year will be nothing but backups this year.

If they keep Cam Erving to be a $6M back up with the young talent available I'll be surprised. At least Elflein looked invested in playing when he was on the field. I'll be really surprised if Christensen can win the guard job when he should be the top swing tackle

• Beer 2

It's gonna be a blood bath for the LG spot. Having 4 known starters at their respected spots going into camp is gonna do wonders for our overall line play by allowing the starters to build chemistry with each other instead of how it's been the last 2-3 years in just having everyone constantly moving around to different spots just to be able to find a playable combination. Now instead of trying to find something that works we can instead focus on getting better and gelling as a unit. 

I suspect we see the initial starting lineup as Ekwonu and Moton outside(obviously) and some combo of Elflein, Bozeman and Corbett inside.

I think most other options are probably a little far fetched. If it doesn't work this way, I would think it's because Elflein struggles and we just generally have to make do from a bunch of less than stellar options available.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I suspect we see the initial starting lineup as Ekwonu and Moton outside(obviously) and some combo of Elflein, Bozeman and Corbett inside.

I think most other options are probably a little far fetched. If it doesn't work this way, I would think it's because Elflein struggles and we just generally have to make do from a bunch of less than stellar options available.

After seeing where we were this time last year I'll take Elflein as the weak link at LG until someone can beat him out

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

If they keep Cam Erving to be a $6M back up with the young talent available I'll be surprised. At least Elflein looked invested in playing when he was on the field. I'll be really surprised if Christensen can win the guard job when he should be the top swing tackle

I agree on Christensen. 

As bad as Erving and Elflein were, the backups were worse.  Some of the line's best games were at the beginning of the season when both Elflien and Erving were playing.  Elflien didn't give up a sack all season.  I would rather have him than Daley or Jordan at LG.   Elflien went down at the Saints game and was out the next 7 games.  Erving got hurt at Dallas and missed nearly every other game during the rest of the season. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Either high level favoritism in play or our offseason signings were a fuging disaster if we see both.

Injuries would be the reason.  Someone gets hurt in preseason or camp.

We have a spot that appears up for grabs.  Corbett, Bozeman, Moton and Icky are starters.  That leaves one spot, either LG or LT,  my guess is LG.

I think Elflien was better then Daley and Jordan last year.  Deonte is MIA.  Mays could take it as a rookie.  Christensen could be good at LG, but I don't remember which games he played there.  We kept moving him so its hard to evaluate. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Injuries would be the reason.  Someone gets hurt in preseason or camp.

We have a spot that appears up for grabs.  Corbett, Bozeman, Moton and Icky are starters.  That leaves one spot, either LG or LT,  my guess is LG.

I think Elflien was better then Daley and Jordan last year.  Deonte is MIA.  Mays could take it as a rookie.  Christensen could be good at LG, but I don't remember which games he played there.  We kept moving him so its hard to evaluate. 

I meant outside of injuries but obviously that would be thr most likely reason we see some of our failed signings again.

I am not a believer in BC as much more than a decent backup caliber LT. 

Perhaps Mays makes a splash right away and supplants Elflein but I wouldn't personally bet on it early in the season. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I meant outside of injuries but obviously that would be thr most likely reason we see some of our failed signings again.

I am not a believer in BC as much more than a decent backup caliber LT. 

Perhaps Mays makes a splash right away and supplants Elflein but I wouldn't personally bet on it early in the season. 

4mr was not impressed with May's tape.  So I guess we'll see.  Maybe Deonte will come to play.

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

4mr was not impressed with May's tape.  So I guess we'll see.  Maybe Deonte will come to play.

I think Brown was always fool's gold. Mike Wahle is right about what he says about him, IMO. If you keep struggling with weight issues you aren't doing what needs to be done to be an elite player.

I suspect he will be gone as soon as this staff is.