• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News from other NFL camps

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If that's my 3rd round rookie QB in his first live NFL action I'm pleased. He didn't look overwhelmed and showed a legit NFL arm and plus athleticism. Overall, I'd consider that a positive preseason debut. Anyone expecting him to be running around like Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick just wasn't being realistic. Yeah, he can run a little bit. But this guy got ran down by some small school LBs. He ain't Lamar or Vick.

If I was a titans fan I would be happy as hell watching that quite honestly.  I just hope corral gets as much playing time tomorrow 

• Pie 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Honestly his running is like a Cam Lite. Strong runner that can run through arm tackles and quick enough to escape trouble. 

I thought he looked a great deal like cam.  From the running and escaping in the pocket to also the bad mechanics and strong arm where he overthrows due to just slinging it out there.  If they can work with him to get his feet correct he has a chance.  I suspect though he is always going to play with that high energy and make some incredible throws but also some "Wtf was that" as well.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Your numbers are off. He was clocked at 21.19 on an interception return and his 40 time was a 4.66, a time he improved to 4.57 at Coastal’s pro day.

I’ll give it to you that clocked speed isn’t the best indicator because the further the distance the more time to build up speed. But just taking a look at the clocked speed list, all of the guys listed are guys that you’d consider to be some of the fastest in the NFL (https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-fastest-players-2021-tyreek-hill-lamar-jackson/bhytiud9irwa1094y4kt7bqfl).

I’ll also mention that a QB hitting a time over 20 MPH is a pretty good indicator of their speed because most QB’s aren’t breaking long runs where they have time to build up that speed.

Willis isn’t as fast as Lamar and Vick but he’s still very fast. In reality he runs a little clunky which probably appears slower to the naked eye. All the numbers seem to indicate that he’s still a very fast player.

I was adjusting for the pro days being stop watch timed and the tendency for them to be .1 to .2 seconds faster than combine times but your point is valid.

• Pie 1

Haven't we all generally agreed that a single preseason game doesn't tell you everything you need to know?

Willis might turn out to be good or he might not, but I'd say it's a little early for anybody on either side of that debate to start crowing that they've won.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Haven't we all generally agreed that a single preseason game doesn't tell you everything you need to know?

Willis might turn out to be good or he might not, but I'd say it's a little early for anybody on either side of that debate to start crowing that they've won.

I don't think anyone is saying that.  I think some people are just impressed he looked pretty decent in his first action considering how raw of a player he is.  He also showed he can be somewhat elusive at this level that is wasn't just him running over D2 players.  Vrabel seems to be doing the right thing.  He wants him to grow as a passer so he pulled him for not passing enough.  I like it.  Honestly there isn't going to be any winner or loser in this debate anyway.  It all will come down to if their staff can develop him properly.  I seriously doubt ours could.  

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't think anyone is saying that.  I think some people are just impressed he looked pretty decent in his first action considering how raw of a player he is.  He also showed he can be somewhat elusive at this level that is wasn't just him running over D2 players.  Vrabel seems to be doing the right thing.  He wants him to grow as a passer so he pulled him for not passing enough.  I like it.  Honestly there isn't going to be any winner or loser in this debate anyway.  It all will come down to if their staff can develop him properly.  I seriously doubt ours could.  

He hasn't shown any of that it's pre-season its a practice without customized game plays situational play calling against mostly backups... Heck even last year TMJ was being touted as the better of the LSU receivers in PRESEASON. Jumping to conclusions from pre season is silly heck if I remember correctly Cam was horrible his first pre season.

14 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Twitter seems to think he was really good.

His debut was probably closer to somewhere in the middle but he did some nice things. Obviously his escapability translated to the NFL and he showed off his elite arm strength... but definitely needs to work on processing the game quicker, knowing when to live for the next play, and not taking needless hits.

Decent debut though:

6/11 / 128 Total Yards / 88.1 Passer Rating / 1 rushing TD

I’d take those same stats from Corral and be just as content.

Sounds just like someone who used to play for the Panthers.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

He hasn't shown any of that it's pre-season its a practice without customized game plays situational play calling against mostly backups... Heck even last year TMJ was being touted as the better of the LSU receivers in PRESEASON. Jumping to conclusions from pre season is silly heck if I remember correctly Cam was horrible his first pre season.

TMJ issues have been injuries.  I think he can be a good WR if he can stay healthy.  Plus our whole offense imploded after a couple games last year.  Again no one is jumping to conclusions just impressed with his first outing.  Moving around against backup NFL players in still impressive vs D2 college players.  He still has a long way to go (as stated his coach did pull him for not throwing enough).  

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick Sam Howell clip...

Damn that's good ball placement 🤔

Sam has been talked up a good amount. McLaurin stated that he really liked what he was seeing out of Howell which is kind of an odd thing to say about a late round QB.

Wouldn’t totally shock me in the least if this QB class is better than people think. I think all in all that Pickett, Ridder, Willis, Corral, and Howell can be capable backups. One or two might even come out as good starting QB’s.