• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players who stood out today.

Wundrbread33

Some good things (and bad things here):

Great play design by McAdoo. I imagine we’ll see this one a few times this year.

Shi Smith clears out everything underneath and Rashard Higgins runs a crossing route right in the area that Smith cleared out. The corner is supposed to pickup Higgins but Higgins uses his speed and blows right by him. Honestly that’s a tough ask for a corner with no help, so overall, great play design.

However, the OL was a disaster on this play. Erving and Jordan are blocking air and Ekwonu got beat pretty bad on a speed rush. Luckily, D’onta Foreman stepped up and made the block on Jordan’s/Erving’s assignment allowing Sam to only have to worry about Ekwonu’s missed block.

And obviously, Sam hung in there and made a nice throw.

• Pie 1

And another really nice player here by multiple guys.

Play starts with Roy getting pushed back a bit but Matt Ioannidis hits his man with a nice swim move and closes up any gaps inside. Gibson hesitates for a second and wants to bounce it outside but Barno sets the edge really nicely. This allows Chinn to come from the other side to make the initial tackle after beating his man with ease. Littleton then comes in at the last second and punches the ball out. After setting the edge, Barno doesn’t quit on the play, he stayed engaged and recovered the fumble. Great play all around by nearly everyone.

• Beer 2

Shi has done something impactful every game he gets playing time whether be preseason or regular.  I think it's time to test him out consistently on the 53-man roster.  He has a "shot in the arm" type energy the other depth guys don't seem to have.  Do need to shuffle him around the likes of Kirkwood, Zylstra, Saunders, etc.   Those two, Moore and Anderson would make a respectable WR group.

Didn't watch the full game but did TMJ play?  What's the deal with Marshall?  Starting to get frustrating given how quickly WRs can become impact guys these days.

Overall, Higgins (I think he may have a mid-career bloom up here), Barno, Smith, & Mays were my standouts. 

It's easier to pay attention to OLs in the preseason with less on the line and thought the OL looked good in parts.  Jordan is AWFUL.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, CRA said:

I actually thought the Baker throw to Robbie was perfect.  Now, was it a smart throw into double coverage like that? I don’t know.  But the ball was just about perfect IMO given the coverage. 

Jake made a career out of throwing into double coverage but than again he had Agent 89.  Robbie Anderson clearly isn't like Agent 89. 

19 minutes ago, davos said:

Shi has done something impactful every game he gets playing time whether be preseason or regular.  I think it's time to test him out consistently on the 53-man roster.  He has a "shot in the arm" type energy the other depth guys don't seem to have.  Do need to shuffle him around the likes of Kirkwood, Zylstra, Saunders, etc.   Those two, Moore and Anderson would make a respectable WR group.

Didn't watch the full game but did TMJ play?  What's the deal with Marshall?  Starting to get frustrating given how quickly WRs can become impact guys these days.

Overall, Higgins (I think he may have a mid-career bloom up here), Barno, Smith, & Mays were my standouts. 

It's easier to pay attention to OLs in the preseason with less on the line and thought the OL looked good in parts.  Jordan is AWFUL.

TMJ has some kind of injury once again. Shi and Higgins both stood out above anyone else on our WR group. Zylstra is a solid security guy and Ricci actually looked decent. Shi has no fear in the return/yac game but also protects the football which are both traits/instincts a lot of guys just don't have naturally. Not to mention his speed jumps off the tape

On 8/14/2022 at 8:53 AM, MillionDollarCam said:

Went back and was looking at a few videos… Austen Pleasants pancaking his man and then Cade Mays pancaking his man over the top of Pleasants was a thing of beauty. Really didn’t have a massive effect on the play because Brown ran between Jared Scott and Nate Becker who sealed their men off nicely, but always nice to see members of the OL finish the play and drive the DL into the ground.

Thanks for the video. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't pay attention to Mays like I had intended to; he was one of my "things to watch" for the game, and I totally forgot. I've seen several others post that he played well, but hadn't seen any video. Pleasants BY FAR outplayed Erving IMO, and I did keep an eye on him.