• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BS: IF There's A Team That COULD Be This Year's Version Of The 2021 Bengals, It's The Carolina Panthers

TheCasillas

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Last year they were comparing Burrow’s rookie season where he went to IR with Baker’s best year of his (at the time) 3 year career. What Burrow did last year with that OL is unheard of. I think he is the closest thing to Tom Brady I’ve seen yet.

I agree.  Burrow looked like a HOFer last year.  Newton looked like one in 2015.  I look forward to see if Burrow can sustain it.  Even Brady had his up and down seasons. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I think Tr3ach answers your question @rayzor. Look, you do you, and the Huddle is going to huddle? I guess. But anyway I've never seen a message board where so much off topic discussion goes unchecked. I could make a thread about Taylor Moton is the best RT in the league! and by page two it will be Rhule sucks thread.

This place is really light on moderation, especially for a place that censors fug and poo.

fug and poo are funny though

• Beer 2

12 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

You are literally doing the same thing right here in this thread and even in this post. 

yes....today i am. many of these superfans do nothing but complain about other fans who don't feel good about the team. they spend more time daily and with nearly every post complaining about other fans who don't feel the same. 

11 minutes ago, rayzor said:

you want me to start banning people i don't agree with? 

bye.

Lol huh?  How about you start by, as a moderator, outlining which forms of whining is acceptable.  Best I can tell based on your behavior in this thread:

-Whining about the team = OK.

-Whining about other people whining = Not OK.

-Whining about other people whining about other people = OK.

Also, you can strawman all you want about "optimistic" people being intolerant of opposing viewpoints.  But just use your imagination to envision a thread along the lines of "I still believe in Rhule" or "Darnold could still be a good starting QB in this league" and then imagine how many people on your side of the aisle would jump in and absolutely blast the OP.  Not the substance of what the OP is saying, but the OP himself.  And that's your problem as a moderator: this whole toxic culture you've sat by and allowed to fester is totally a "both sides" thing, and yet you have explicitly drawn a line in the sand to coddle one side and villainize the other.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I could make a thread about Taylor Moton is the best RT in the league! and by page two it will be Rhule sucks thread.

@rayzor

I think this best sums up the problem. You and others don't like when we complain about the hate and we don't like having every thread full of hate. 

There are threads specifically about hating Rhule. If it stays there then we can ignore it as we don't open them. If threads were moderated to stay more on topic then the problem would be solved for both groups and we can stop fighting each other all the time. The Huddle would be much more enjoyable for everyone I think. 

Cheers!

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol huh?  How about you start by, as a moderator, outlining which forms of whining is acceptable.  Best I can tell based on your behavior in this thread:

-Whining about the team = OK.

-Whining about other people whining = Not OK.

-Whining about other people whining about other people = OK.

Also, you can strawman all you want about "optimistic" people being intolerant of opposing viewpoints.  But just use your imagination to envision a thread along the lines of "I still believe in Rhule" or "Darnold could still be a good starting QB in this league" and then imagine how many people on your side of the aisle would jump in and absolutely blast the OP.  Not the substance of what the OP is saying, but the OP himself.  And that's your problem as a moderator: this whole toxic culture you've sat by and allowed to fester is totally a "both sides" thing, and yet you have explicitly drawn a line in the sand to coddle one side and villainize the other.

it would be better if we fired rhule.

or started winning. preferably the solution is to start winning and rhule shows that he's actually learned how to do his job, but until we start winning games...we're just going to see more of the same poo (and yes, poo is funny).

I think the article's premise that the odds for a 2021 Bengals SB run  are similar odds for Panthers 2022 SB run, is interesting.  Few predicted the Bengals to make a run for it.

Its very unlikely we're going to the SB, but I bet we do better than what many believe.  Fingers crossed we stay healthy.

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

it would be better if we fired rhule.

or started winning. preferably the solution is to start winning and rhule shows that he's actually learned how to do his job, but until we start winning games...we're just going to see more of the same poo (and yes, poo is funny).

So if we have a winning season and every thread devolves into "Rhule's a genius and anyone who says otherwise is a dipsh!t"  How do you plan on handling that?

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

but we also have some of the more  blindly optimistic posters doing the same thing to those who don't see us as serious contenders because of who is coaching the team. 

Trust me, this place would have more traffic without the constant negative bullshit.

• Flames 4