• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why hate Jake?

Kurb

I fired a 60 year old woman at work a few weeks back. She was the nicest lady you'd ever want to meet and always got me a nice sweater every Christmas. But she was incompetent and had to be let go, because she became a liability to me getting my job done. Moral of the story?

Jake = Old Lady

with a weaker arm and poorer vision. But you get what I'm saying.

I fired a 60 year old woman at work a few weeks back. She was the nicest lady you'd ever want to meet and always got me a nice sweater every Christmas. But she was incompetent and had to be let go, because she became a liability to me getting my job done. Moral of the story?

Jake = Old Lady

with a weaker arm and poorer vision. But you get what I'm saying.

Can she play QB?

:D

Can we finally get over this? How many times do I have to see posts saying: " You know I love Jake, he's a nice guy yada yada yada, everything he's done for us etc etc etc. " It's annoying as poo. Nearly everyone here has the same opinion on the matter we don't have to see it repeated every 10 minutes. I seriously doubt anyone here remotely hates Jake as a person.

Can we finally get over this? How many times do I have to see posts saying: " You know I love Jake, he's a nice guy yada yada yada, everything he's done for us etc etc etc. " It's annoying as poo. Nearly everyone here has the same opinion on the matter we don't have to see it repeated every 10 minutes. I seriously doubt anyone here remotely hates Jake as a person.

I hate you if that counts!! ;)

Minter stayed a year longer than he should have too. Ditto Mike Rucker.

They all do. It's the competitive mentality.

Yeah, but I don't think they have anything on Jake. It's sad, and I agree with competitive mentality...but c'mon. Like all, I blame John Fox the most, but I do want to spray some blame on Delhomme as well.

the call to stick with jake through thick or thin is a nice gesture. not much in the way of loyalty these days but he did this without regard for the bigger picture.

he tried to give jake a chance to redeem himself and let him dig himself out of the hole but it just didn't work. jake dug the hole deeper. jake was giving a valiant effort but it just wasn't enough.

whether fox made the change after the playoff loss, after the eagles loss, after the bye week, after the bills game, or now...it doesn't matter. jakes reputation was already gone. he had every effort to go out and repair it but it just didn't happen. the damage was done. i don't place the blame on any one person, really. lot's of things went wrong and several jobs are going to be lost because of it. everything really stems back to the finish of last year and their inability to get back on track.

already we lost the whole defensive coaching staff (and i still believe that the offer the teams gave them to return was more a gesture to let them know we really didn't want them around instead of firing them). QB coach was in the same boat. we lost ken lucas. we'll be losing jake and very likely fox and davidson. all of this can be traced back to that playoff game and the meltdown that came with it. we didn't just lose one playoff game, we lost the whole year.

the inability to get things back on track and have a winning culture is what will bring about all the changes that are coming.

that's just a theory, anyway.

Why hate Fox? He's the same stubbornly loyal, conservative coach he's always been.

With one exception -- the quarterback he's stuck with since 2003 is now playing well below average. The Arizona game aside, Fox had little reason to think Delhomme wouldn't play as he has over the years, and even if he did he had little cap space to work with.

(Just playing devil's advocate here. ;) )

Yeah, but I don't think they have anything on Jake. It's sad, and I agree with competitive mentality...but c'mon. Like all, I blame John Fox the most, but I do want to spray some blame on Delhomme as well.

We did go 12-4 last season. Yeah, there was the playoff disaster, but both of his worst games came after bye weeks where they didn't let him throw at all.

There was some logic to keeping him.

To extending him with a monster contract? No :nonod:

The average length of a pro athlete's career is one year too long. that's never going to change.

He is the same guy he has always been.

With a single exception.

It's pretty obvious his arm has regressed and thus his accuracy went from mild to horrible.

This is obvious to everyone.

Yet the Fox keeps him out there.

If this was a company and Jake was a salesman, would he still be working?

Don't blame the guy for trying, competing, etc.

Blame the guy who continues to put someone in position to fail.

FOX

And HURNEY.

Archived