• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers interested in trading for Jets WR Denzel Mims

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

He has?

Yes. Easily. He is clearly the best athlete out of all the receivers. When he actually practices he makes wow plays left and right. Look what he did in preseason last year, read articles and watch some of his highlight reels the Panthers post. Just cant stay healthy, which I agree matters, but you don't trade him for a guy that cant make the Jets and is getting cut... Geez.

Edited by Jared Patterson

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Yes. Easily. He is clearly the best athlete out of all the receivers. When he actually practices he makes wow plays left and right. Look what he did in preseason last year, read articles and watch some of his highlight reels the Panthers post. Just cant stay healthy, which I agree matters, but you don't trade him for a guy that cant make the Jets... Geez.

Two biggest questions. Can he stay on the field and can he do that in real games not practice? Last season we didn't even give him a game jersey late in the year when we had nothing to play for. Either we had little confidence in him or we didn't want him banged up. Doesn't look good regardless. But ofc Matt Rhule is the head coach so who knows.

Edited by frankw

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Two biggest questions. Can he stay on the field and can he do that in real games not practice? Last season we didn't even give him a game jersey late in the year when we had nothing to play for. Either we had little confidence in him or we didn't want him banged up. Doesn't look good regardless. But ofc Matt Rhule is the head coach so who knows.

Exactly, and you heard in his presser he still talks to Joe Brady everyday.... May be a conspiracy, but I know Brady hated Rhule's micromanagement and has nothing nice to say about Rhule. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these "injuries" was Marshall wanting out... Similar to the Perryman situation. 

25 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

He had a much more major injury than Terrace has ever had and didn't practice all pre-season. Just pointing out some of yalls complete ignorance. Its amazing. Even if TMJ ends up being a bust its worth to see what he is before trading him for a guy that's going to be cut and cant make the Jets roster, who I was low on coming out and was right.

And Terrace's has been more constant.  Before he suited up in black and blue his leg issues were known.

I was a hype for TMJ coming out of college, even before we drafted him. I'm not down on TMJ because of his talent, I know how talented he can be.

But availability is the best ability. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1

Just now, Rags said:

And Terrace's has been more constant. 

I was a hype for TMJ coming out of college, even before we drafted him. I'm not down on TMJ because of his talent, I know how talented he can be.

But availability is the best ability. 

Agree, but you don't trade a second year guy w this much talent for pennies or for a proven bust who is going to be cut anyway. I don't mind brining in Mims to compete, but you literally don't have to trade a thing for him...

Also, Terrace could have played plenty last year... He was just in Rhule's dog house because Rhule has the college mentality of if you don't practice you don't play. Not how the NFL works. Also, it ticked off Brady because Rhule preferred the hard working, show up early to practice Zylstra even though Terrace is 1 million times better. This is every bit Rhule's fault as it is Terrace's that's why I don't believe they have a good relationship and you hear rumors of trades. Doesn't mean its smart. Also - why Joe Person wrote that damning article of Rhule having "his guys" over guys 10xs better. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Agree, but you don't trade a second year guy w this much talent for pennies or for a proven bust who is going to be cut anyway. I don't mind brining in Mims to compete, but you literally don't have to trade a thing for him...

I'll agree there. I don't rly get the argument for TMJ for Mims straight up, and a conditional 6th is as high as I'd go if we just wanna be sure we get him. But if one of the two has to make the roster this year, I'll bet on the guy who Rhule seemed to get the most out of (yes, in college) and knows how to work with on some level rather than a guy who might be in street clothes on game day.

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

I'll agree there. I don't rly get the argument for TMJ for Mims straight up, and a conditional 6th is as high as I'd go if we just wanna be sure we get him. But if one of the two has to make the roster this year, I'll bet on the guy who Rhule seemed to get the most out of (yes, in college) and knows how to work with on some level rather than a guy who might be in street clothes on game day.

See I just think if TMJ leaves he will turn into a stud like Perryman. I think its every bit Rhule's fault as it has been TMJs. Rhule still has a college mentality and "his" guys.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

See I just think if TMJ leaves he will turn into a stud like Perryman. I think its every bit Rhule's fault as it has been TMJs. Rhule still has a college mentality and "his" guys.

I really don't care if a coach wants one of "his" guys esp since his track record with his guys as far as my team is concerned is "solid depth". There's not a lot of immediate need to upgrade the guys he brought on besides P.J.

On top of that -- Mims is the type of player Rhule likes even if he didn't go to BU. Tall and athletic. I think we'd sniff around this even if he WASN'T a former Rhule player.

Finally, TMJ was a Brady guy. I know the stigma is Rhule is hyper fetishized on players he's worked with...but he brought on TMJ to build some level of trust with his then OC who wanted one of HIS guys. 

41 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Yeah I could see him leaving and dominating somewhere. He is a big 4.3 WR with a huge catch radius. It’s not like he currently has a major injury, it’s mostly hamstring issues that we won’t risk further injury in practice or preseason. I would like to give TMJ another year before sending him off. 

Jet fan here.  Bad fit for new O.   Negatives:  Not able to learn the PB even when he was out,  his route running is poor and he make dumb mistakes at critical times when he did play.  BTW- as an FYI, last year our WR group was descimated with injuries and he actually hired giys off the street to finish the season... DM - now pay attention - couldn't break into the starting line-up even with these players.  

Plus: this year he was in great physical condition, played better when given the opportunity and also played ST....  He is tall and fast and can get contested balls when he into it... 

IMHO,  Under the right circumstances and O, I think he can be an asset but he needs someone to take him to the woodshed...

• Pie 3