• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Foreman is our 2

Panthers Fan 69

it's very often said that teams don't like putting tape out there of how the offense is going to look in the regular season and I think the first team offense ran the way they'd run it with CMC in there. they sent a lot through hubbard last night that would have gone to CMC, obviously. I think the understanding is that they wanted to give foreman enough touches to figure out our blocking schemes in real time. hubbard is the highest player up the depth chart we can use but can survive without. from a scheme standpoint, he was never competing with foreman. he was competing against the guys behind him. I think one of the ways they plan to try to keep CMC healthy is to give him the ball in space on pitches and sweeps and have foreman be the short yardage hammer. hubbard will be the 3rd back and will take the plays that are left when we need to give CMC a rest and it's the wrong down and distance for foreman. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Forman was always going to be #2. He's the perfect complement to CMC. Hubbard has some growing to do and his hands suck. 

To be honest, Hubbard needing to do some growing is exactly why I was not thrilled with the selection. RB is the easiest position to transition to the next level. Outside of pass protection and the plays themselves, there isn't really a whole lot of adjusting taking place. It's not like, say, an offensive linemen who usually needs an NFL offseason or two to get their playing strength up to that of the other elite athletes in the league.

I could accept him being the complement to CMC if his hands and vision didn't suck, as you and others mentioned.

Edited by Icege

Hubbard doesn't have 'it'...hes had time to prove something...time to move on with what hes shown.... Foreman is more than capable as a replacement.... Lovette is just as good an option.... godda move on from players that don't spark.

Edited by Pimpdaddy
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, Icege said:

To be honest, Hubbard needing to do some growing is exactly why I was not thrilled with the selection. RB is the easiest position to transition to the next level. Outside of pass protection and the plays themselves, there isn't really a whole lot of adjusting taking place. It's not like, say, an offensive linemen who usually needs an NFL offseason or two to get their playing strength up to that of the other elite athletes in the league.

I could accept him being the complement to CMC if his hands and vision didn't suck, as you and others mentioned.

Yeah and with the guy behind him looking better in both pass and catch it should be a easy call. 

Speaking of backs they gotta stop pretending Ricci is a fullback, he's ok as your 3rd string TE but I don't understand Rhules love affair trying to force him into a 53 spot. I see all these 53 predictions keeping 4-5 TE's. 2 might get actual work and the 3rd can be special teams. 3 TE's out of this jag group is enough

• Pie 2