• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC story

WarHeel

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I had no idea that the GOAT snowboarder Travis Rice packed on 100 pounds and changed his name to Pat Elflein and started playing football.

It's uncanny how much these dudes look alike. They even sound alike with similar voice patterns and mannerisms. Twilight Zone poo.

I can't unsee this now.

received_605269694518425.thumb.jpeg.caa5a0cb0a68e92b8253ed7b32662eb8.jpeg

He is a very good running back and his advantage against linebackers goes out the window if you use him as a slot wr. We need to stop with that nonsense. Analytics and eyeballs say we should simply throw to him out of the backfield more and especially on early downs. It’s a high percentage play that picks up 6-8 yards a pop. 
The only change I’d make in his utilization is to pull him on goal to go situations for a power back because he simply isn’t good there.  

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, onmyown said:

CMC is the most wasted player in franchise history up with cam. Every time he is put in the slot or route he burns anyone covering him. The fact he is used like a star running back is suppose to be used, is truly mind blowing

Yeah. Truly the head scratcher of the entire sport. 

WTF we're they doing wanting to win games!  The sheer stupidity of it all!!!

Edited by pantherclaw

18 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

For $64 million I expect a hell of a lot out of a guy.  But hey thats just me.

I expect him to play practically even offensive snap. That what you do with star talent like his. 

Ya just sit on it on the Sideline, saying we're saving him for the hard poo. We're geniuses!

• Poo 1

18 hours ago, WarHeel said:

Your expectations should also be moderately geared in respect to his utilization. His production and injury risk are at least indirectly linked to his usage. 

It's the MF NFL. 

injuries are a part of the game.  

You new to this game? 

Edited by pantherclaw

59 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Yeah, because fug hope. 

Seriously, fug that poo. 

Just......

fug it. 

Hope is not why I watch football. Hint, it's football. If you are in this for hope then there are a lot easier and higher return on that out there then you will find in sports. 

• Beer 1

18 hours ago, joemac said:

Well hes a REALLY GOOD RB too...so you would kinda be chopping yourself off at the knees if you just made him a WR strictly.  However I could see some kinda Deebo situation, only reverse where instead of being a "Wide Back", hes a "Running Receiver".  Those quick hitters he gets almost every game right up the gut are too valuable to completely take away.  IDK....its a tough situation to be in.  Fingers crossed he stays completely healthy this year and we tear teams up on offense.  We definitely have the pieces right now to make it happen. 

Never strickly but damn not a full time RB. Those are now cheaper then ever. Deebo is a great example...with CMC the imagination is really the limit. 30 clasic RB touches is really a disapointment at this point. McAdoo should do a lot better but it atill sounds more of the same done more competently.

Anywhere he lines up healthy is a huge problem for the other team.

"BUT HE'S A REALLY GOOD RB"

Yet I've seen this offense fall right back on their ass more times than I can count with McCaffrey running the ball in the redzone. The 4th down plays in particular stick out. Has the OL been bad? Sure. But the fact some homers just don't want to grapple with is CMC is not built to be an every down back and he is not built to carry the offense on his own. We need a bruiser.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

It's the MF NFL. 

injuries are a part of the game.  

You new to this game? 

Nah but most of you seem to be seeing as how shocked everyone is when he’s injured after being over utilized behind a trash line. 

Edited by WarHeel

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

"BUT HE'S A REALLY GOOD RB"

Yet I've seen this offense fall right back on their ass more times than I can count with McCaffrey running the ball in the redzone. The 4th down plays in particular stick out. Has the OL been bad? Sure. But the fact some homers just don't want to grapple with is CMC is not built to be an every down back and he is not built to carry the offense on his own. We need a bruiser.

Yeah, I really wish we had a bruiser as well.  I wish we'd kept Mike Davis or CJ Anderson.  I know they want CMC in there to keep the D off balance but it just seems there'd be a way to have both CMC and the bruiser in on goal line situations.  Then they'd really have no clue what to defend.

• Beer 1