• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Bar in Uptown/South End to Watch the Game this Sunday?

14 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Ehhhh, I like 2 hours, hour and a half at most, especially if you want an outdoor seat (which I’d suggest)

another pro tip: Ru Sans in walking distance south has fuging awesome sushi/food if so inclined

jealous man I’m fuging stuck living in the desert in mid west and there are a few Charlotte spots I miss, this being one of them

Much appreciated. I'll probably be in a wings mood on Sunday, but I'll keep that in mind. I'll drink one for you, man

20 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

damn. thats a pretty far shove... 

The woman hit on S. Blvd was a server at Mac's. She was hit by a drunk driver that went up onto the sidewalk IIRC. Not in front of Mac's, but up the street a bit. I think she was walking to or from her car. 

The front door of Ed's Tavern is only about 15-20 feet from the street. I seem to remember that there was a drunk guy being a creep and a protective friend or boyfriend got a little too enthusiastic and chased the guy out of the bar and then shoved him off the curb. I'm still surprised that someone hit him, as that's not a super high traffic area at that time of night, and it's right at a 4 way stop light. 

Just now, Panther'sBigD said:

The woman hit on S. Blvd was a server at Mac's. She was hit by a drunk driver that went up onto the sidewalk IIRC. Not in front of Mac's, but up the street a bit. I think she was walking to or from her car. 

The front door of Ed's Tavern is only about 15-20 feet from the street. I seem to remember that there was a drunk guy being a creep and a protective friend or boyfriend got a little too enthusiastic and chased the guy out of the bar and then shoved him off the curb. I'm still surprised that someone hit him, as that's not a super high traffic area at that time of night, and it's right at a 4 way stop light. 

I was actually at Solace the night of the server. It was a terrifying moment. 

As for Ed's incident, i am surprised as well. I feel like the street is about 10-15 yards away from the front door. Must of been an all of a sudden thing. The cars on that road are barely going 25-30mph, but then again.... its getting by a car that does the hurting not necesarrily the speed.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I was actually at Solace the night of the server. It was a terrifying moment. 

As for Ed's incident, i am surprised as well. I feel like the street is about 10-15 yards away from the front door. Must of been an all of a sudden thing. The cars on that road are barely going 25-30mph, but then again.... its getting by a car that does the hurting not necesarrily the speed.

Maybe 10 yds/30 ft. My truck is 20 ft long. I run past Ed's several days each week. If it's in the evening, I usually just run in the bike lane because trucks and SUVs hang out over the sidewalk. It's close. 

8 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Maybe 10 yds/30 ft. My truck is 20 ft long. I run past Ed's several days each week. If it's in the evening, I usually just run in the bike lane because trucks and SUVs hang out over the sidewalk. It's close. 

That whole area is overpopulated and busy AF. Ed’s door is right there on the street. That side of town, at least when I was hanging over there had a pretty healthy mix of different types of people. Just add alcohol and you could have some problems. 

21 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Nah, that was Mac's BBQ on South Blvd, and I believe it was a woman. 

Different incidents. Macs on SB - a server was walking on the sidewalk after work and a drunk bro in an Audi leaving the game ran her over. Very sad. Another side of Charlotte that is absolutely a clusterfug with traffic and people. 

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

Speaking of, does Charlotte just kinda shut down at 10PM or something?

After the RHCP concert there were like 3 places open last week up there.  I don't spend time there at all, so wondering if it's just a "bankers town" and goes to bed early?

Uptown doesnt really offer much anymore since Covid. You have to go to neighboring boroughs. 

• Pie 1