• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Rhule the worst coach in the NFL right now

Sean Payton's Vicodin

He's usually somewhere around here on media lists

32. Matt Rhule, Panthers (age: 47)

There's a reason he's on everyone's hot list to be first coached fired in 2022. He got a stay of execution based on a change at quarterback and offensive philosophy. But he has some archaic thoughts on how a modern team should operate to be successful with no real plan. And don't get us started on that whole goal line and end zone thing. This is also not surprising given he works for David Tepper.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

He's usually somewhere around here on media lists

32. Matt Rhule, Panthers (age: 47)

There's a reason he's on everyone's hot list to be first coached fired in 2022. He got a stay of execution based on a change at quarterback and offensive philosophy. But he has some archaic thoughts on how a modern team should operate to be successful with no real plan. And don't get us started on that whole goal line and end zone thing. This is also not surprising given he works for David Tepper.

Interesting. This reads like something skeptics here on the huddle have been saying. But that can't be as I've been told only "haters" here think so little of his coaching prowess and of Tepper's general decision making.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Interesting. This reads like something skeptics here on the huddle have been saying. But that can't be as I've been told only "haters" here think so little of his coaching prowess and of Tepper's general decision making.

Pretty sure all the rookie coaches but Hackett jumped him in this ranking

27. Matt Rhule – Panthers

Career NFL Record: 10-23

Seasons With Team: Third Season

It’s my job on here to be honest with you. So, in honor of honesty all I’m going to say about Rhule is if there wasn’t five rookie head coaches he would be No. 32 on the list. There is no culture or plan to be found. The only scenario they don’t finish dead last in the NFC is if Baker Mayfield goes on a otherworldly revenge tour. Prayers up for the Carolina faithful.

• Pie 1

I've said this before and I will say it again. There are three basic NFL coaches 

Coaches that make you actively better: Few and far between. Belicheck obviously comes to mind first

Coaches that are as good as their talent. AKA won't win you games but won't lose you games with boneheaded decisions. Majority of NFL coaches fall here. Think Jim Caldwell. 

Coaches that actively make you worse. It's hard to get this far and be this bad at coaching so these are almost as rare as the first category. Urban Meyer. And yes Matt fuging Rhule

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1