• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC/Chubb run usage - next gen chart

CRA

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’m stating that rational is dumb if true. The gameplan was dumb. 

best run of the game was not a McAdoo play call.  CMC picked up a botched snap and got into space…..took it 30 yards.   You would think he might of learned something from watching it.   And you would think it would be something he figured out before week 1. 

that was a run play called. lol. Center is pulling. Ian is blocking , DJ is blocking and RA is running a decoy streak on the strong side of the field.image.thumb.png.070016fce1f42648d5a5e97aa2b1b8a2.png

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I agree. We did. That was my complaint on game day. The challenge to running an RPO with the QB making the decisions to pass or hand off when playing in a passionate game against a former team...... the QB wants the ball. 

Its the opposite of Shane Falco.

And the D can help dictate Baker keeping it too. 

11 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And willingness to use their RB.

Maybe, but I don’t think that’s the whole picture. We had 53 snaps to the Browns’ 80. Five ended with tipped passes and four featured fumbled snaps. One screen to CMC was called back due to Ian Thomas’ holding call; at least one more got blown up. It was a really low-volume day against an opponent that controlled the clock and in an offense that couldn’t get the basics right. But I don’t think the team’s intentionally avoiding using him.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

that was a run play called. lol. Center is pulling. Ian is blocking , DJ is blocking and RA is running a decoy streak on the strong side of the field./cdn-cgi/mirage/4a2b958bb1dad2d1ddc103d883aa1d192f43e144-1663083799-1800/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2022_09/image.thumb.png.070016fce1f42648d5a5e97aa2b1b8a2.png

Baker fumbled the snap.  CMC recovered the fumble.  It becomes a busted play.   It’s why you don’t see it on the run chart.  It’s not a run play at that point.  It’s CMC making magic happen outside of a play. 

so again, the best run by CMC on the day was not a McAdoo run play.  That’s not a McAdoo play call/design getting yards.  

Just now, CRA said:

Baker fumbled the snap.  CMC recovered the fumble.  It becomes a busted play.   It’s why you don’t see it on the run chart.  It’s not a run play at that point.  It’s CMC making magic happen outside of a play.  

so again, the best run by CMC on the day wasn’t not a McAdoo run play.  That’s not a McAdoo play call/design going down lol

alright man, whatever you say.

Maybe I'm just simple, but you have to establish the run at the beginning of the game. Then it opens up your QB to RPO plays and is why you see a lot of teams start out run heavy, then start mixing in passes. When you start out doing 3 and outs with all passes, it sets a tone, and not a good one. Everyone knows you are going to start out running with CMC on the team, but you still do it.

Panthers with CMC, first 10 plays - 3 were runs, 3 drives, all punts.

You have a new QB, and some old team energy going, you have to set the tone with some smash mouth football. - Just my 2 cents. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

best run of the game was not a McAdoo play call.  CMC picked up a botched snap and got into space…..took it 30 yards.   You would think he might of learned something from watching it.   And you would think it would be something he figured out before week 1. 

so we're looking for the Fumblerooski to be installed ?

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Wire Dawg said:

Maybe I'm just simple, but you have to establish the run at the beginning of the game. Then it opens up your QB to RPO plays and is why you see a lot of teams start out run heavy, then start mixing in passes. When you start out doing 3 and outs with all passes, it sets a tone, and not a good one. Everyone knows you are going to start out running with CMC on the team, but you still do it.

Panthers with CMC, first 10 plays - 3 were runs, 3 drives, all punts.

You have a new QB, and some old team energy going, you have to set the tone with some smash mouth football. - Just my 2 cents. 

After 3 drives CMC had one carry

After 5 drives CMC had 2 carries

At halftime and after 6 drives CMC had 3 carries. 

It’s a bad staff.  And they probably will drastically overreact the other direction this week.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Technically it wasn't a run but a fumble recovery hence why it doesn't show in CMCs stats.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

After 3 drives CMC had one carry

After 5 drives CMC had 2 carries

At halftime and after 6 drives CMC had 3 carries. 

It’s a bad staff.  And they probably will drastically overreact the other direction this week.  

If last year is any indication, they won't learn. Miami and Washington, both he had 10 attempts, last week against Cleveland, 10 attempts. Last year Arizona they got to 13 attempts and then 14 for the NE game.