• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers probably have the worst trio of GM/HC/Owner in the league as of this moment

Sean Payton's Vicodin

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Yes for sure... WR has been disappointing to me because I expected more out of that group the last couple seasons... I am hoping our young guys find a way to step up but I'm not holding my breath.

I fear TMJ is going to be another Jarrett.  I mean, I was comically high on both when we got them.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s hard to greatly improve at a lot of spots in a short time.  

3 years in the NFL? I think that is enough time to legitimately ramp up at several position groups.  Which I don’t think we have really seen happen.  I mean some might be better, yes.  But I think the current pace is off/slow from what you would want to see.   

I think theres no firm answer.

One of my issues, is I always overrate the panthers draft classes. Never learned in 15+  years of being a draft nut.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Just looking at the first 3 of the first 4 groups….

are we actually better at the RB, WR and TE position groups?  

Whatever I would rate us on a scale of 1-10 would be about the same there in 2020 vs 2022.  

I think to rate us better is emphasizing potential and knowing hindsight to an extent.   

I agree with you at RB. Mike Davis is a better back than Hubbard or Foreman. Signing him to the same deal he got with the Falcons (2 year, < 3mil per) would have been fine with me. 

WR - I liked Samuel, but I think Shenault can have a similar impact once he’s up to speed on the offense. Even if he isn’t Samuels’ equal, the depth of Shenault/Higgins/Smith/TMJ makes me feel better about this group. 

TE - Tremble/Thomas/Sullivan are at least equal to Thomas/Manhertz/Colin Thompson imo, and potential is also on their side. 

Edited by ECHornet

57 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s hard to greatly improve at a lot of spots in a short time.  

3 years in the NFL? I think that is enough time to legitimately ramp up at several position groups.  Which I don’t think we have really seen happen.  I mean some might be better, yes.  But I think the current pace is off/slow from what you would want to see.   

Fitt was announced as Panthers GM on 1/14/21, so he’s still a fresh hire. I still think the talent on our roster and cap situation has improved over the last two years he’s been here. Plus, I like how active he’s been in making moves. Makes it more interesting to follow as a fan.