• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Other games

Mr. Scot

27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Boy, Mitch Trubisky is proving without a question what a bust he is. He'll be in NFL backup purgatory after this season.

It will be interesting to see how quickly they opt to switch to the rookie.

They've been asking for him since halftime of the Browns game at the latest. Pretty sure I heard Rudolph looked better than either of them in camp but it doesn't fit the narrative 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Idgaf.  Throw everything and the kitchen sink at Lamar.  fug the Ravens.  I dint understand st all wtf they're trying to accomplish?  You take Lamar off that team and they might, MIGHT eek out 7 wins, and that's only because Huntley is possibly the best backup in the league.

I just dont buy this- trade a moon package *AND* pay a running stick 500+ million..... If some how Lamar became a FA, time for tepper to buy a QB with his billions.... I wish Baker would get his act together...

18 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I just dont buy this- trade a moon package *AND* pay a running stick 500+ million..... If some how Lamar became a FA, time for tepper to buy a QB with his billions.... I wish Baker would get his act together...

From watching a lot of Baker in college and with the Browns, I was convinced that he could be the answer and that years like 2021 were an aberration, not the norm.  Through 3 games so far, I'm actually starting to believe the inverse...  2020 was likely the aberration.  Don't get me wrong, the coaching here has and will make any QB that comes through here look 1000x worse than they actually are, and that will continue until Rhule is gone...  but even that considered, I just no longer think Baker is going to be who we hoped he would be.  I have seen enough.

And idc, if Lamar becomes a FA he is 100% worth whatever he wants...  but the Ravens would be absolutely stupid to not franchise him, so that won't happen.  Weirdly enough though, I think he would net less value in a trade than Watson did.  So, if he becomes available, if we threw what we did at Watson, I don't see how we wouldn't be all in on Lamar.

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Moron reporting!!! While I still maintain WRs do not want to sign there, btw I need to ask@ForJimmy who had the least targets for WRs 2 out of the last 3 years?? You know, its right in front of you... Borrow a college page, if you were recruiting WRs for your team and had the least targets, how hard would it be??

Alllllll that said, if they gave a 4 week MVP trophy, my vote would be 100% Lamar. He was incredible in his MVP season and same goes for this season too.   

Considering he was an elite TE and garbage WRs it makes sense. I don’t think you ever said Lamar was bad, just that he won’t attract a top WR free agent. I mean he was rookie Hollywood Brown that he got over 1000 in year 3 (missing a game so the 17 games is irrelevant). Who else has he got? Who is his best WR currently that he should be forcing the ball to?

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

They need to bench Trubisky

I wanted him on a cheap deal, but unlike Baker, I think he is who he is and should be thankful hes currently in the NFL. 

Side note- Its too early, but  Im also ready to say I was wrong about Chris olave not being a 1st round player/WR.....hes legit, killin it for a rookie.

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Considering he was an elite TE and garbage WRs it makes sense. I don’t think you ever said Lamar was bad, just that he won’t attract a top WR free agent. I mean he was rookie Hollywood Brown that he got over 1000 in year 3 (missing a game so the 17 games is irrelevant). Who else has he got? Who is his best WR currently that he should be forcing the ball to?

Hes doesnt have good options, I agree with that(*but hes part of that reasoning). His best option is Rashod Bateman, who I think was steal in the 3rd round couple drafts ago. He may have 30th best WR group. Youve already seen the hollywood quote. Maybe Eric could trade for one, I would watch to see how having a top 30 WR changes Lamar..

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1