• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know we won but this offense is garbage

NAS

2 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

We have offensive problems but complaining that a RUNNING BACK got too many runs and too few receptions seems a bit odd

Not when you have the best weapon at your disposal and you don’t even use him for what he does best. He should be getting at least 10 targets per game. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

It's a massive problem and looks like arguably the league's worst right now. It was fun to get a win today but nothing about today's win can be relied upon to replicate. We scored on a fumble recovery, they missed two FG's, we had a deflection INT, etc.

Very rarely will you beat anyone in this league with offensive displays as bad as we saw this afternoon. I was at the game and I sit high, one perk of being at the games is you can really get a view of the entire field and every play as it's developing. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like no one is getting open. We know we have receivers that are at least capable, so I'm chalking it up to a schematic issue currently.

It's easy to cast blame on Mayfield, and he missed some early throws again, but on a lot of these plays I was struggling to find where he was supposed to go with the ball. Even the Saints occasionally would dial up a play that was basically an easy pitch and catch toss for Jameis for 6-7 yards. We don't even have that in our bag, everything seems like a chore when it comes to moving the ball through the air. 

If they don't figure it out quick I struggle to see how we win more than 3 games.

This is my biggest concern right now. I think you are right that we don't scheme guys open with rubs, picks, overloads like McAdoo promised when he said they would scheme guys open. I haven't seen it yet. Disappointing so far.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, panthersgreenville said:

I agree, it’s putrid. Awful, I really want to see Sam back with a healthy CMC, I’ve said it once I’ll say it again, Baker has yet to have a game anywhere near the level Sam had his first three outings last year, it seems like Baker is just regressing and getting worse each week 

I promise you, you really don't want to see Sam in the backfield 🤣

After Sam's 3-0 outing, he really went down the shitter.

Edited by Cam Lawter

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i am just hoping that McAdoo hasn’t opened his playbook yet 

Oh yes surely that's why our offense has been dogshit for an entire half multiple times now against backup or injured quarterbacks. McAdoo just has to dust off those wafflehouse menu sized playcall sheets.

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think comfortability and chemistry will change as the season grows. It’s obvious right now that Baker and the WRs are not in sync quite yet.

Idunno... that was my take until Shenault popped his head out for his 1st Panther game and almost put up 100 yards. Granted yac played a major part. 

Watching the game in person, the seperation was lacking. Watching on TV, I thought it was a sync issue. In person it points strongly at Mcadoo and Bake.  

***and*** Honestly, Mayfield had most of my section questioning his accuracy. 

Make no mistake it took a blocked FG and our first defensive fumble recovery for a TD in almost 2 years to get this W. 

DJ, Robbie and Mccafrey PUT TOGETHER had under 25 yards receiving. Not only is that crazy to think about, it just not acceptable lol. If you knew beforehand that that would be their production as a whole before this game started noone on this board would have believed we'd leave this game as the winner

BUT...hell I'll take it.  I just want to see a complete team. 

I'm just hoping as the Oline gets better and the routes get more time to develop we'll look alot better. For as wide as McAdoo's playbook is rumored to be, our offense looked much better in preseason. 

4 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

Turn on the Niners vs. Broncos game and watch an actual offense. It's night in day in use, scheme, routes, and execution. 

Yeah, Deebo is half the player that CMC is. I think many here have forgotten how good he is as a receiver.  DJ would be putting up video game numbers with a real offense and QB

3 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I'm just hoping as the Oline gets better and the routes get more time to develop we'll look alot better. For as wide as McAdoo's playbook is rumored to be, our offense looked much better in preseason. 

I don't think anyone is defending Mayfield's accuracy. It's the worst of his career. 

The offense did look better in preseason. And according to reporters, it looks better in practice. Something(s) is not work in-game. 

4 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Idunno... that was my take until Shenault popped his head out for his 1st Panther game and almost put up 100 yards. Granted yac played a major part. 

Watching the game in person, the seperation was lacking. Watching on TV, I thought it was a sync issue. In person it points strongly at Mcadoo and Bake.  

Make no mistake it took a blocked FG and our first defensive fumble recovery for a TD in almost 2 years to get this W. 

DJ, Robbie and Mccafrey PUT TOGETHER had under 25 yards receiving. Not only is that crazy to think about, it just not acceptable lol. If you knew beforehand that that would be their production as a whole before this game started noone on this board would have believed we'd leave this game as the winner

BUT...hell I'll take it.  I just want to see a complete team. 

If you would have told me that we were going to win today with those stats … I would have laughed you out of the room. Pretty crazy. Baker was off today for sure. I just don’t think he is the main issue. I think it’s the collective of Play design, player usage, player chemistry and time in the system. 

• Beer 1