• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Give me some hope. Can this offense be turned around?

Khaki Lackey

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, I've never started a thread declaring that everyone who disagreed with me was a crybaby and I was better than them, so at least I've got that going for me 🙂

Well, fair enough Scot. I could follow your posts and point out every time you come off as "prickish" or "douchebaggy" but I don't think anyone has that much time on their hands, plus I really don't care that much. Savor your victory. Cheers.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Well, fair enough Scot. I could follow your posts and point out every time you come off as "prickish" or "douchebaggy" but I don't think anyone has that much time on their hands, plus I really don't care that much. Savor your victory. Cheers.

Feel free...Heaven knows I have my share of "fans" who'd rather talk about me than about football.

I started my last thread thanking another poster for the idea and then writing out an analysis. It's actually how I prefer to start conversations as opposed to "Here's my take. It's proven fact. Deal with it."

I suppose I could go with something like "all of you are beneath me" but I prefer to think of it like my Mom did, i.e. "if you've gotta tell me how smart you are, you're probably not".

Just now, WOW!! said:

And I pass my time to the Chairman of the board..

Case in point 😄

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Feel free...Heaven knows I have my share of "fans" who'd rather talk about me than about football.

I started my last thread thanking another poster for the idea and then writing out an analysis. It's actually how I prefer to start conversations as opposed to "Here's my take. It's proven fact. Deal with it."

I suppose I could go with something like "all of you are beneath me" but I prefer to think of it like my Mom did, i.e. "if you've gotta tell me how smart you are, you're probably not".

Case in point 😄

You were making a point.. Wow that's orginal...lol

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I didn't see you differentiating much of anything, but I do see you now trying to spin your opening post as "Hey, I was just joking".

That at least tells me you might recognize just how douchebaggy that post sounded.

@Khaki Lackey rest assured, whatever Mr. Scot accuses other people of doing, it's almost always guaranteed to be a projection based on something he had done recently.  Here's his thread from earlier this month where he got clowned on for a post he made and then he had to come out like "guys I was just kidding, sheesh relax".  I guess he recognized how douchebaggy his post sounded or something?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

@Khaki Lackey rest assured, whatever Mr. Scot accuses other people of doing, it's almost always guaranteed to be a projection based on something he had done recently.  Here's his thread from earlier this month where he got clowned on for a post he made and then he had to come out like "guys I was just kidding, sheesh relax".  I guess he recognized how douchebaggy his post sounded or something?

Nah. That post actually was a joke that some folks didn't get 😄

But Lord knows a discussion of self important people wouldn't be complete without you 😀

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've gone back and forth on that.

It's valid that Rhule is the one common denominator, but does he even have enough offensive knowledge to leave a "stamp"?

You previously could have said his stamp was "run the ball, stop the run" but then he inexplicably switched over to "passing is what wins in the NFL". Gotta figure that was McAdoo.

One thing's I'd say though: The calls for McAdoo to be the interim coach if Rhule does get fired are probably gone.

Keeping it simple with limited personal has to be a Rhule thing.  Maybe he isn't smart enough to understand the more complex schemes so he has his OCs dumb it down?  I don't know but he is the common denominator as you stated.

The interim should be Wilks IMO and let Sean Ryan call the offense.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Keeping it simple with limited personal has to be a Rhule thing.  Maybe he isn't smart enough to understand the more complex schemes so he has his OCs dumb it down?  I don't know but he is the common denominator as you stated.

My current choice for an interim would be Tabor.

Campen's done it before too.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm not as sold on Wilks as everyone else is. We've put a lot of resources toward our secondary and it's not looking better under Wilks.

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I'm not as sold on Wilks as everyone else is. We've put a lot of resources toward our secondary and it's not looking better under Wilks.

I don't think he is a good HC, just better than what we have currently which isn't saying much.  He looked good with us before as the secondary coach (and DC) when his guys were able to play man and blitz.  He had Norman playing great, but I think Snow likes these soft zone schemes for whatever reason (probably because he has a linebacker playing free safety).  

46 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Personnel built for man paired with a coach who prefers zone...

I like Wilks as a coach, and back in 2017 when we had no talent in the secondary the soft zone made sense.... But now with all of the resources we have invested in press man corners..  It's painful to watch us line up press and run guys play giving a 10 yard Cushion... no jams free releases ect.... That's Horn Hartsfield and Hendersons strength and it isn't being used at all.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1