• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best/worst PFF grades from Week 3

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Bruhhh… weren’t you just in the Elflein thread stating that people only like PFF when it fits their agenda?

Exactly!! That’s why for YEARS NOW!! I’ve never used PFF stats in a debate or argument or felt like they were relevant in general.. i just love when ppl have used PFF ratings to form 1 opinion and poo on them when it goes against another..

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

PFF is flawed.  But there isn’t really anything better.   It’s about as good as it gets. 

But yeah, impossible to grade a lot of stuff when you don’t actually know the playcall.    And there is just some gray stuff where you aren’t going to know who was asked to do what. 

Exactly.. this a major reason why I don’t use their stats. 

1. they’ve never really explained how they grade things anyway..

2. How can you grade what a player was supposed to do on a play when you don’t know what play was called..

I’d rather use my eyes and the opinions by former players and analysts who played the game..

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Exactly!! That’s why for YEARS NOW!! I’ve never used PFF stats in a debate or argument or felt like they were relevant in general.. i just love when ppl have used PFF ratings to form 1 opinion and poo on them when it goes against another..

Well you seemed fairly happy with Elflein’s overall rating… why aren’t you content with his grade against the Saints?

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Well you seemed fairly happy with Elflein’s overall rating… why aren’t you content with his grade against the Saints?

I'd like to see the separate grades for pass pro and run blocking. I'd imagine Bozeman would be equal in pass pro but an upgrade in the run game, I haven't seen any 22 footage of this game but that seems like the difference between the two in general

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Where exactly did I say any of this?? Or glorified PFF stats??

Don’t worry Ill wait??

See the thing about you is that you straddle the fence because for some reason picking a side or maybe the result of picking a side and potentially being wrong… it eats at you.

It’s a message board so you don’t have to take it so seriously, but it doesn’t take a psychologist to realize that you certainly had a more positive reaction to Elflein’s overall grade and a negative reaction to his grade against the Saints.