• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What sort of offense are we running?

Mr. Scot

When Joe Brady was the OC, we were running a Sean Payton influenced WCO. From what I knew of Ben McAdoo and where he cut his teeth, I was expecting something at least somewhat West Coast like from him as well.

But so far this season, I'm not seeing the hallmarks of a typical WCO, especially not when it comes to the use of runningbacks in the passing game. Also true that this yyea we don't really have an offensive line built for that kind of attack.

Head coach Matt Rhule's mantra of "run the ball / stop the run" might make you think Coryell or E-P, but it's also kind of hard to say it looks like either of those.

So I'm curious, for those who've been watching and analyzing the designs and playcalls McAdoo is putting out there, what do you see?

Note: To be clear, I'm looking at system fits. "A bad one" or "an awful one" might technically be correct, but that's not where I'm going 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

A lot of three wide 1TE 1RB....  With power concepts as the run game and no concept for a passing game.

Granted, and one of the things you typically see in a Coryell for example is a fair amount of variance in formation, motion, etc.

So again, I'm not sure what McAdoo is McAdoing 😕

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but we also don't do a very good job of scheming guys open with any regularity. 

Those "wide open" plays tend to be towards the end were he's running for his life.... I've seen 1 or two he's just outright missed but 90% of the time our guys are locked down or running into each other.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1