• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Researching Lions OC Ben Johnson

Mr. Scot

3 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

To be fair I believe the Lions have the highest paid offense in the entire NFL.  Does that mean that equals being good?   No, but you would definitely hope they would be.  Not saying that to knock him down at all, just one of many things that have to be considered.

I don't know if that's true or not, but as a counter argument I'd offer this...

attachment-GettyImages-1347106847.jpg

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know if that's true or not, but as a counter argument I'd offer this...

attachment-GettyImages-1347106847.jpg

He plays a large role in the cap hit, but most QBs do in this league. The Lions have 32million spent on oline alone on their roster for just 2022 (1 million more than on their QB). That's pretty insane. We are spending 18m on ours. 

Edited by TheCasillas

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

He plays a large role in the cap hit, but most QBs do in this league. The Lions have 32million spent on oline alone on their roster for just 2022 (1 million more than on their QB). That's pretty insane. We are spending 18m on ours. 

He does have a big cap hit.

He's also not exactly a top ten quarterback.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

But hey, Dan Quinn 🙄

Seriously though, I do hope if we get to the point of looking again, Tepper listens to advice from Fitterer and Morgan rather than just doing his own (likely idiotic) thing.

Maybe somebody could also ask Luke Kuechly if he can think of anybody... 🤔

Dan Quinn? Oy….I’m with you on that!!!

You got me intrigued by Ben Johnson. Innovative offensive play caller with extensive connections to the Carolinas. And young…less expensive than Payton for sure. 

I agree that Tepper needs to defer to his brain trust (which is what I guess he was trying to do with Hurney until he found out otherwise) next go-round. And I really hope Fitterer and co. takes their time with all viable candidates to ensure we get this right. 

8 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

agree that Tepper needs to defer to his brain trust (which is what I guess he was trying to do with Hurney until he found out otherwise) next go-round. And I really hope Fitterer and co. takes their time with all viable candidates to ensure we get this right. 

Definitely.

But will he?

1 minute ago, jackson113 said:

Don’t you get tired of Jets , Jags , Browns left overs? But, then again we’re at the bottom now…

We're in a position to look down on anybody?

But seriously, no.

Plenty of successful head coaches have been plucked from teams that weren't winners. Remember, Bill Belichick was technically a failed Browns coach first.

Likewise, several terrible head coaches came from winning programs. Take Matt Nagy or pretty much anybody that's been hired out of Belichick's Patriots tree.

• Pie 2