• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Researching Lions OC Ben Johnson

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Jeff okudah going from a top 3 drafted cb who looked like a bust to what he's doing now after injury is damn near shocking. 

Just gotta be patient.  There are positions where it takes years for a guy to develop and CB is one of them.  Andrew Thomas is another guy who looked like a bust but is starting to look like an elite tackle

Okudah always had the talent.  IIRC, the issue was he was not a good fit with Matt Patricia.

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

Just now, Panthering said:

I'd throw Eagles OC Shane Steichen in the mix too as a candidate. I like teams who tailor their gameplan to their rosters strengths. 

I'd look at the Jets Mike LaFleur as well. He had Flacco playing well and even had an UDFA Mike White putting up numbers last year.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Panthering said:

I'd throw Eagles OC Shane Steichen in the mix too as a candidate. I like teams who tailor their gameplan to their rosters strengths. 

3 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I'd look at the Jets Mike LaFleur as well. He had Flacco playing well and even had an UDFA Mike White putting up numbers last year.

Im very interested in the Panthers finally having an offensive coach.

Thing on that front though is that unless he totally sh-ts the bed, you're likely to see both AGM Dan Morgan and former Panther Greg Olsen on board the hype train for Bills OC Ken Dorsey.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I'd throw this in...

Panther fans have been looking for a way to get Luke Kuechly involved in coaching for years now (general indications are he's not that interested in working with Matt Rhule and company).

There's no evidence to suggest that Johnson and Kuechly are best friends or anything, but they're likely at least acquainted from their time at BC. And both would seem to be highly intelligent.

So maybe, just maybe, Johnson could have a better shot at getting Luke aboard that train than Rhule does.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1