• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The crazy thing is we would be 3-0 with Cam Newton

OneBadCat

3 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Cam is like your favorite ex girlfriend that you always look back and remember fondly. She was the MVP. The best you ever had. And you almost made it all the way. But those days are over and it’s just time to let it go. I still think about mine. But it’s not really worth bringing her up to my friends anymore. She’s moved on. So have I. So should you. Let Cam go. 

To really be accurate with that analogy on top of that description..........and "you" being the Panthers.....then "you" would have HIV as well. 

As this team physically destroys the careers of good QBs and exposes the incompetence of journeyman QBs into no more value than practice squad material. 

Edited by PghPanther

What happened was our God given #1 franchise QB, who should have been respected, who should have been allowed to play/stay as long as he wanted, who should have been coddled and cared for was treated like he was never sh*t and was now an invalid (false hater narrative) and couldn't play or his shoulder was falling off of him like some zombie. 

All foolishness. Cam last season, off his couch, running over DBs, overthrowing a full speed Robby Anderson (very little reps), looked "healthy" enough for another season or two. He was the hammer not the nail, big, strong and fast as ever.

Cam not signing was because of Rhule. The door was publicly left open for him. He probably doesn't want to play for any other team at this point and Rhule was obviously in the way. He probably figured that out coming back last season. He loves us, the stadium folk who love him like a son and to some degree Tepper.

IF Cam wants to suit up and play for the Carolina Panthers

the big bang theory shut up GIF by CBS

It's Cam. Cam should be able to do what ever he wants here. 

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

What happened was our God given #1 franchise QB, who should have been respected, who should have been allowed to play/stay as long as he wanted, who should have been coddled and cared for was treated like he was never sh*t and was now an invalid (false hater narrative) and couldn't play or his shoulder was falling off of him like some zombie. 

All foolishness. Cam last season, off his couch, running over DBs, overthrowing a full speed Robby Anderson (very little reps), looked "healthy" enough for another season or two. He was the hammer not the nail, big, strong and fast as ever.

Cam not signing was because of Rhule. The door was publicly left open for him. He probably doesn't want to play for any other team at this point and Rhule was obviously in the way. He probably figured that out coming back last season. He loves us, the stadium folk who love him like a son and to some degree Tepper.

IF Cam wants to suit up and play for the Carolina Panthers

the big bang theory shut up GIF by CBS

It's Cam. Cam should be able to do what ever he wants here. 

is cam not playing for any of the other 31 teams because of Rhule too? 

8 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Cam is like your favorite ex girlfriend that you always look back and remember fondly. She was the MVP. The best you ever had. And you almost made it all the way. But those days are over and it’s just time to let it go. I still think about mine. But it’s not really worth bringing her up to my friends anymore. She’s moved on. So have I. So should you. Let Cam go. 

What if your ex called today and said let’s give it another try.  What would you do?

Edited by staffcurtis

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I suppose you missed the part where I said we both have moved on and so should you lmao

I tried to move on with Baker. But it didn’t workout so now who’s next?  Is PJ or Darnarld better than Cam?  I’m all for something better but there’s nothing out there. 

26 minutes ago, staffcurtis said:

I tried to move on with Baker. But it didn’t workout so now who’s next?  Is PJ or Darnarld better than Cam?  I’m all for something better but there’s nothing out there. 

Neither have ever been better than Cam. That doesn’t mean retreading Cam is the best option on the table. We are 1-4 with a depleted coaching staff and a tough remaining schedule. Play the young players, move the vets for draft capital when possible and prepare to draft a franchise QB. 

That is kinda the point of moving on.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Neither have ever been better than Cam. That doesn’t mean retreading Cam is the best option on the table. We are 1-4 with a depleted coaching staff and a tough remaining schedule. Play the young players, move the vets for draft capital when possible and prepare to draft a franchise QB. 

You’re probably right. Can’t stop thinking about my ex I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Beer 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:24 PM, OneBadCat said:

Just proof that egos run the NFL. 

You can’t tell me that Cam wouldn’t fair better than this. Hell he already did after being signed off his couch. 

All of our passes are PA and rollouts because Baker can’t throw over singleback formation without being batted down. 

Cam would at least be keeping this defense fresh with automatic 3rd/4th and short conversions.

The line is significantly better than last year. Cam would have feasted. But  Rhule is determined to outsmart himself out of a job for some reason.

Moreover Cam was cool and collected and made the right reads more often than not. Cam also has the swag and clutch factor. Darnold is a chicken poo and Baker is a nervous train wreck guessing whether it’s okay the throw ball because of his height .

Give me all the poo because I’m still right. We keep assembling rosters that Cam would have succeeded with and Rhule continues to think he knows better. 

Hell last week we ran RPO all game like Baker is some kind of duel threat. None of this poo makes sense. 

Cam used to have the Saints number.  He was an awesome quarterback back in the day.  Unfortunately, he seemed mediocre when playing for the Pats.  He struggled when he returned to the Panthers.

he could surprise everyone and make a glorious return.  However. Probability is not good.

Panthers still have a shot at making a playoff run.  

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Amen.

We have a lot of people who have not lived up to expectations, and that could well be because of coaching.  Now that Rhule and company are out of the way, it is the time to see what those players have.  Regardless of who the next coach is, we need to reach a known state before we move ahead.

• Pie 1