• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So where were our other HCs at going into week 5 of their 3rd season?

Cdparr7

Dom Capers- 21-15

George Seifert- 16-20

John Fox- 19-17

Ron Rivera- 14-22

Matt Rhule- 11-26

Keep in mind that Ron Rivera started the 2013 season 1-3. Starting with close losses to the Seahawks and Bills, a victory over the Giants and then a pitiful loss to the Cardinals before winning 11 out of the next 12. 

By no means should you hold your breath for that though, as the 2022 Panthers have shown none of the promising glimpse that the 2013 Panthers did. I anticipate Rhule will be here until playoff elimination.

• Pie 1

Fans may not be able to agree on whether we're watching the worst Panther team, season, personnel, whatever...

But I doubt you'll find much of anyone who disagrees with the idea that Matt Rhule is far and away the worst head coach the Panthers have ever had.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 5

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fans may not be able to agree on whether we're watching the worst Panther team, season, personnel, whatever...

But I doubt you'll find much of anyone who disagrees with the idea that Matt Rhule is far and away the worst head coach the Panthers have ever had.

I mean it's in the numbers. Teppers ego is big enough to fill our stadium because anyone looking at it logically can see any other HC is better than Rhule. 

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

Dom Capers- 21-15

George Seifert- 16-20

John Fox- 19-17

Ron Rivera- 14-22

Matt Rhule- 11-26

Keep in mind that Ron Rivera started the 2013 season 1-3. Starting with close losses to the Seahawks and Bills, a victory over the Giants and then a pitiful loss to the Cardinals before winning 11 out of the next 12. 

By no means should you hold your breath for that though, as the 2022 Panthers have shown none of the promising glimpse that the 2013 Panthers did. I anticipate Rhule will be here until playoff elimination.

At this point, only losing 11 of the next 12 would be an improvement.

• Flames 1

23 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

49ers 4.5 favorite Sunday 

The only reason it is that close is because they are not an offensive juggernaut.  It could wind up being a 13-6 game or something similar. 

Unfortunately, that may lead to another press conference where our court jester announces the process is working.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

Dom Capers- 21-15

George Seifert- 16-20

John Fox- 19-17

Ron Rivera- 14-22

Matt Rhule- 11-26

Ron was developing a QB and Carolina was bringing new stuff to the league.   Even if the records were close it was totally different planet. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The only reason it is that close is because they are not an offensive juggernaut.  It could wind up being a 13-6 game or something similar. 

Unfortunately, that may lead to another press conference where our court jester announces the process is working.

I would expect a lot of money to come in on SF.  I think they are averaging around 25 ppg.  That will do it with room to spare.  

• Beer 1

Just now, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I would expect a lot of money to come in on SF.  I think they are averaging around 25 ppg.  That will do it with room to spare.  

I'm not sure how they get money to come in for Carolina at 4.5.  Truth is, I'm not sure what the spread would have to be to pique any interest.

The thing about the 49ers is they looked anemic with JG, but he had not had any decent amount of work with the starters since he was persona non grata most of preseason.  Whatever anybody thinks of him, he will catch his stride and what a golden opportunity this week.  It's not that our defense might not give him something to think about, but I doubt our offense puts any pressure on the situation.

I said last week I felt worse about our chances against the Niners than I did against the Cards.  They do have some injuries, and they will be coming off a west coast MNF game, but even with those things factored in, I would think it would level off at somewhere in the 6-7.5 range.

49 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I'm not sure how they get money to come in for Carolina at 4.5.  Truth is, I'm not sure what the spread would have to be to pique any interest.

The thing about the 49ers is they looked anemic with JG, but he had not had any decent amount of work with the starters since he was persona non grata most of preseason.  Whatever anybody thinks of him, he will catch his stride and what a golden opportunity this week.  It's not that our defense might not give him something to think about, but I doubt our offense puts any pressure on the situation.

I said last week I felt worse about our chances against the Niners than I did against the Cards.  They do have some injuries, and they will be coming off a west coast MNF game, but even with those things factored in, I would think it would level off at somewhere in the 6-7.5 range.

It’ll correct itself after tonight. Will probably be the 6.5 range

• Beer 1