• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Head Coaching suggestions

DJ feed me moore

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It can happen. Tepper was only named in the PFT report because he was a minority  owner and no one has ever been able to truly confirm which ones wanted Tomlin gone.

I actually don't think it can, and the reason has nothing to do with Tepper.

Kevin Colbert had for all intents and purposes been King of Steelerland for a long, long time, but over the past few years he effectively lost that position to Mike Tomlin.

With all the power and the good will he's built up over the years of never having a losing season, I don't think his first one is going to get him fired.

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, methodtoll said:

I find the whole "we need a young Offensive guru to run this team" mindset is overrated and I always felt this team was built for a defensive minded coach so therefore:

Jonathan Gannon- DC for the Eagles

Leslie Frazier- DC for the Bills

DeMeco Ryans- DC for the 49ers

Raheem Morris- DC for the Rams

Brian Flores- LB Coach for the Steelers

Pair any of these guys with a competent OC and BOOM, Superbowl contenders 

While I don't completely agree we need a defensive minded coach, I'd love to have either Morris or Flores.  Honestly, I wouldn't complain (immediately) about anyone on this list.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I actually don't think it can, and the reason has nothing to do with Tepper.

Kevin Colbert had for all intents and purposes been King of Steelerland for a long, long time, but over the past few years he effectively lost that position to Mike Tomlin.

With all the power and the good will he's built up over the years of never having a losing season, I don't think his first one is going to get him fired.

I agree I’m just talking about it from the aspect that Tapper hates Tomlin‘s guts argument when that really has never been proven.

11 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Leftwich, Dorsey, Payton, Flores in no particular order, but I do prefer offensive-minded.

Not sold on Leftwich...he has Arians and Brady. 

Dorsey...he inherited a good offense.  Has not had to build anything.  Too soon for him, the only thing he has proved is that he has not screwed up the offense that was handed to him.

Payton...is a tool....do not want.

Flores...Miami seems to be doing better without him.  

• Pie 6

16 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Flores...Miami seems to be doing better without him.  

I know Flores is a hot name for some reason but I think he was very toxic to players and other staff members. Rhule’s rah rah stuff doesn’t work but neither does treating players and other staff members like trash which was apparently common place in the Miami locker room.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Man the Lions OC has Goff’s offense as good if not better than McVay’s offense with Goff. It’s still early in the season, but if he keeps it up he has to be the top choice. 

Couple things on that front...

Also, can't find the tweet but I saw where Johnson's offense could potentially be on pace to score the most points in NFL history.

Don't know if that's going to happen, but if it does it puts them in the company of groups like The Greatest Show on Turf.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

As someone that remembers all the Ken Dorsey hate back in the day I find this hilarious. 

I’m not saying Ken Dorsey would not be a good pick for head coach eventually, but he’s literally 4 games into his first year as Offensive coordinator and the real brains behind this offense was already hired away last season. Let’s keep things in perspective.

I remember the days when the huddle definitely hated Dorsey.  I've thought about mentioning it for a while but didnt want to get flamed for it lol.  I'm not sold on him just yet.  The Bill's offense has elite talent and has been pretty good for a while.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, methodtoll said:

I find the whole "we need a young Offensive guru to run this team" mindset is overrated and I always felt this team was built for a defensive minded coach so therefore:

Jonathan Gannon- DC for the Eagles

Leslie Frazier- DC for the Bills

DeMeco Ryans- DC for the 49ers

Raheem Morris- DC for the Rams

Brian Flores- LB Coach for the Steelers

Pair any of these guys with a competent OC and BOOM, Superbowl contenders 

I would have agreed 10 years ago but these days offensive teams that are great at creating confusion and mismatches basically dominate the league.

I actually would argue that leftwich is another Brady effect OC which imo makes him a hard pass. They literally never work out.

Eric the enemy has been on my list for years but I heard last round of interviews that NFL execs were pretty much saying there’s a reason he’s getting passed over. Not sure what the reason is, but seems like they just didn’t think he was cutout for HC. His résumé is definitely deserving of a chance, probably the most deserving of anyone in NFL right now.

Some players called him out after him and Mahomes got into it on the sideline a week or two ago.  They basically just said he was overly confrontational and didnt really know much about the passing game and was just carried by talent.   No idea the amount of truth in it, that's just what some former players said.

This isn’t gonna be a popular choice but I want DeMeco Ryans.

He’s been the real power behind Kyle Shanahan staying in San Francisco as long as he has. Without him Kyle would’ve been ran out of town already.  because it’s been the defense that’s been keeping them in games and in the playoffs, not the offense.

In what world is that not a popular choice? Who would complain with Ryans?

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

As someone else said earlier I would be great with Ben Johnson as HC and him bringing Mark Brunell with him as OC.  I have no idea about potential DC yet.

It ain't gonna be Aaron Glenn 😕

Johnson was on staff as a coaching assistant at Boston college when Luke Kuechly was a player there. Don't think he'd ask Luke to be his DC, but linebacker coach or some other staff position might be plausible.

Also with regard to Johnson and former Panther players, posted this elsewhere but it works here too...

I'm sure everybody knows that first quote, but that second one somehow sounds vaguely... familiar 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2