• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade deadline

ladypanther

HMMMMMM....Who can we sell high in a contract year that is a highly perceived talent yet not a dominant all-phases type?  That we may be tepid to extend but could put a good team over the top??

Brian Burns

And who I think makes sense:

The Baltimore Ravens

Their current defense would benefit huge from him especially given their scheme and Burns' versatility in his standing strong side role. They are depleted, had to sign an over the hill JPP, are competing for a SB, I think they'd give up a nice sum for Burns.  Especially given the amount of players they just drafted, they had accrued a ton of picks last year and didn't use them to trade or anything, so they are a bit in a luxury of young hand picked talent.  Have all their picks moving forward plus an extra 5th in 23. 

We are also going to be hard strapped to pay the man, especially given our cap situation.  Send him somewhere where he can immediately sign an extension with.   

CAR receives: 2023 1st, 2023 4th, 2024 2nd

BAL receives: Brian Burns

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 4

25 minutes ago, saX man said:

HMMMMMM....Who can we sell high in a contract year that is a highly perceived talent yet not a dominant all-phases type?  That we may be tepid to extend but could put a good team over the top??

Brian Burns

The Baltimore Ravens

Their current defense would benefit huge from him especially given their scheme and Burns' versatility in his standing strong side role. They are depleted, had to sign an over the hill JPP, are competing for a SB, I think they'd give up a nice sum for Burns.  Especially given the amount of players they just drafted, they had accrued a ton of picks last year and didn't use them to trade or anything, so they are a bit in a luxury of young hand picked talent.  Have all their picks moving forward plus an extra 5th in 23. 

We are also going to be hard strapped to pay the man, especially given our cap situation.  Send him somewhere where he can immediately sign an extension with.   

Id be down. He is going to be pricey at this rate

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, saX man said:

Brian Burns

The Baltimore Ravens

I think our roster is pretty decent, but we need a mini-rebuild.

I'm on board with trading Burns.  I think the $16m hit next year plus the huge money he will cost after that will be difficult to maneuver with our cap situation.  I think your compensation is a little light.  I'd want a 2023 1st and 4th and a  2024 1st.  We need to start getting Barno some reps and bring on the blitzes.

I'd also move Donte Jackson for whoever would give me a 2nd. 

I'd target Higgins a ton over the next two weeks.  Give the guy some stats, then trade him for a 6th. 

Same with Robbie Anderson.  Only problem with Robbie is I think there will be a dead cap hit of around 10m this year that we will need to absorb.  But with Robbie and Burns off the books, our cap situation looks pretty decent in 2023.  Also there is addition by subtraction here and gives TMJ more reps.

This gives us 1,1,2,2,3,5,6,6 to rebuild going into next year.  Draft a QB (top 5), DE (20-30), TE (31-35), and CB, S, RB/WR, DT, G, T and we'll be in decent shape.  Probably win 5-7 games.

Then in 2024 we'll have all of our picks plus the extra 1st to really fine-tune things and a year's experience for all the newbies.  Consistent winning will begin in 2024.

I’ve read from two different random people on Facebook we’re trading DJ to the Ravens. Hope it’s not true, there’s no reason to believe either of these people other than the fact they’re two unrelated sources with no connection at all saying the same thing. I hope that’s wrong, makes no sense at all for multiple reasons. 

I agree with the Athletic on the names they mention.

Trade Robbie to any number of WR-needy teams for whatever you can get (Packers, Giants, Chiefs, Ravens come to mind).

Trade Donte to a contender that needs back-end help. Everyone mentions CMC to the Bills, but I think Donte to the Bills makes just as much sense - he's been around McDermott and the Bills have a rash of injuries in the secondary. Wilks needs to throw CJ into the fire and let's see what we have with him. He's looked ok if he can clean up the DPIs, but that seems to be a big issue.

Trading away these two players brings 2023 cap space to ~$25m. 

Edited by UNCrules2187