• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would convince you that Wilks should be the guy?

Jaxel

For the record, I would like to see us persue Steichen next season, but I think it's always interesting that most interim coaches don't get an opportunity. Not necessarily because they perform badly, but usually the team is in a terrible situation or there a very limited sample to see change. 

Obviously, the Raiders coach last year is an outlier here. He lead that team to a huge turnaround, and still didn't get the job.

With no QB, a half baked staff, what would it take to put you in Wilks' corner?

Edited by Jaxel

He doesn't look like Ron lite and has some competency in putting together an offense that is basic but also a lot more effective than the pooshow we have seen all year. I expect a lot more running and rotation of non-Rhule guys. 

I am guessing the offense remains really bad and he runs too many soft zones in the D. I would be happy to be wrong tho. 

He has done 0 to win me over, besides being tied to the nostalgia of the team's better years...

This move was strictly made to save the locker room. Another year of Rhule/Snow and Tepp faced possibly losing every FA we have  and losing the interest of any possible FA targets. Unless Wilks gets us to the playoffs by a miracle, he'll be replaced. 

• Pie 1

Fix the scheme holes on defense and steer McAdoo into producing better (and then dump him as soon as the season is over). Get the team playing hard again and looking like they’re having fun and improving. The players have looked defeated since last year, it’s been obvious by their body language and faces. 

I don’t foresee Wilks turning the team around like that, I don’t think he’s going to be the guy. But if he can pull off a miracle and have this team looking like a well run team then he deserves the shot.