• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Showcase: The Non-Stroud/Young/Levis Crowd

saX man

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

yeah that works

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's a Matt Carrol or better release, damn!

I'm already on the Levis bandwagon but wow!

yeah the force he has behind that ball without leveraging his lower body while still having a release than clocks less that a third of a second.... its pretty insane. That is an example of your prototypical elite arm talent.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

Just now, rippadonn said:

That's a Matt Carrol or better release, damn!

I'm already on the Levis bandwagon but wow!

Corral's is tight and quick, what you see with Levis is like an assassin of the football yielding a laser sword down the pants of a greek god.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Levis is a big boy that can move with a cannon of an arm. I nabbed him at +2000 to go 1st overall before the season. 

He hasn’t done anything special this season but some team will fall in love with his tools.

Just like Richardson if he declares. He’s fun to as hell to watch and has all the tools you just can’t teach

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

yeah the force he has behind that ball without leveraging his lower body while still having a release than clocks less that a third of a second.... its pretty insane. That is an example of your prototypical elite arm talent.

Yeah his back leg is never compromised.  He was full control of his upper body with a really smooth hip rotation.  Left hand is always finishing on the target with his right in his back pocket.  I've seen him lose that discipline/get some jitters at times, but when he is on, it is fire.  The Allen comparison make sense when you combine that arm & upper body strength.  He actually has a bit less to work on than Allen accuracy wise, but needs to get a better cadence and rhythm going in games.

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

Yeah his back leg is never compromised.  He was full control of his upper body with a really smooth hip rotation.  Left hand is always finishing on the target with his right in his back pocket.  I've seen him lose that discipline/get some jitters at times, but when he is on, it is fire.  The Allen comparison make sense when you combine that arm & upper body strength.  He actually has a bit less to work on than Allen accuracy wise, but needs to get a better cadence and rhythm going in games.

His daddy and grandpa were QBs if I read correctly. Lineage. Legacy QB

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, saX man said:

I'd suggest the Oregon game to get a feel.  Also, prepare for the Coug Raid offense.

Just watched the highlights of Ward in this game. I am not going to lie, I am not jumping on the Cam Ward hype train. The kid is out of control and the OC for the Washington st has built an offense around him that takes the thinking out of the position. 

That being said, he is looks like he is a lot of fun to watch.... i just cant see that translating to the pros.

note: the stats are misleading, 2 of his TDs were from hands that were in front of him. Majority of the play designs were screen plays. Actually, a very fun offense to watch

I am going to keep my eye on that Ferrel kid... he might be a late round find

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Just watched the highlights of Ward in this game. I am not going to lie, I am not jumping on the Cam Ward hype train. The kid is out of control and the OC for the Washington st has built an offense around him that takes the thinking out of the position. 

That being said, he is looks like he is a lot of fun to watch.... i just cant see that translating to the pros.

note: the stats are misleading, 2 of his TDs were from hands that were in front of him. Majority of the play designs were screen plays. Actually, a very fun offense to watch

I am going to keep my eye on that Ferrel kid... he might be a late round find

That's the thing, it's the Coug offense, he's not even dropping back, just throwing something immediately most of the time.  It's why you have to watch the greater games for the drop backs and his pocket awareness when he's really needing to throw and not following their offensive script.  

Edited by saX man

1 hour ago, saX man said:

I speak to their running ability yes.  Pocket maneuverability & mobility matters.  Running ability can be an added plus (but depends), but of course, what can they do above their d*ck and between their ears is the most important.  

But don't come in here with the whole 1999 running QB vs. pocket argument.  Just stop while you're ahead.

First

Nobody wants a running QB. That's not a 1999 argument. That's a dawn of time to end of time argument. They don't win championships period.

Second being able to run from the pocket when necessary is fine. Allen Mahomes Young and on and on. But a QB that can consistently deliver the ball from the pocket on time to the right guy accurately will win more than he loses.

• Poo 2