• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Time to take a step back..(reality check)

Doc Holiday

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I'm just hoping we don't have a repeat of "Washington 2020". Never forget that bullshit. Some clowns on here were actually happy we won that game for "the culture". How's that "culture" doing now? lol

The other thing is, you could argue the panthers coaching staff was intentionally trying to lose that game too. 

Rivera was doing such a poo job of coaching that he still managed to lose when the Panthers were intentionally tanking. One of the more amazing things I’ve ever watched Honestly.

• Pie 1

Agree to a point...

I think Wilks will indeed be given a genuine shot to win the job, but Tepper's own statements that he would need to do "an incredible job" to get the permanent title don't inspire a whole lot of confidence in that happening.

And realistically speaking, the situation he's been dropped into is...awful. As we've discussed, interim coaches have it rough regardless, but there's an argument to be made that this one is tougher than usual.

Bottom Line: Wilks is most likely auditioning to be a defensive coordinator here or somewhere else next season.

But hey, stranger things have happened.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I'm just hoping we don't have a repeat of "Washington 2020". Never forget that bullshit. Some clowns on here were actually happy we won that game for "the culture". How's that "culture" doing now? lol

Lol...had nothing to do with the current culture.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agree to a point...

I think Wilks will indeed be given a genuine shot to win the job, but Tepper's own statements that he would need to do "an incredible job" to get the permanent title don't inspire a whole lot of confidence in that happening.

And realistically speaking, the situation he's been dropped into is...awful. As we've discussed, interim coaches have it rough regardless, but there's an argument to be made that this one is tougher than usual.

Bottom Line: Wilks is most likely auditioning to be a defensive coordinator here or somewhere else next season.

This is the toughest situation I can recall any interim coach has been put into. He doesn't even have a functioning qb for goodness sake. What the hell do fans expect? I'm not expecting a single win the rest of the season. 

The only thing I would like to see is some effort out of whomever is remaining on the roster come game day. If they win then great.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Agree to a point...

I took it as more of: “yeah, you’re in a poo situation, and if you pull of a miracle I’ll give you a shot”

both know with this teams issues, that miracle isn’t happening. I’d be fine with him coming back as a DC. 

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I took it as more of: “yeah, you’re in a poo situation, and if you pull of a miracle I’ll give you a shot”

both know with this teams issues, that miracle isn’t happening. I’d be fine with him coming back as a DC. 

Eagles OC Shane Steichen is a former colleague.