• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I learned yesterday

Zod

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Smart coaching helps...a lot.

But I'm not sure even Sean Payton could accomplish much with PJ Walker as his QB.

Rhule and Brady got more yards out of PJ, with a worse line, without CMC.  2x in fact.  Wiks in the press conference said that he didn't want PJ to be "aggressive", which I guess mean throw the ball forward.

Edited by poundaway

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

So using your logic, this means you're saying that Matt Rhule and Joe Brady are smart coaches.

I would disagree...

Actually, no.  I'm saying yesterdays game plan to throw to the sidelines and run on 3rd and long, is even more stupid.  But I don't expect you to ever see that.

Just now, poundaway said:

Actually, no.  I'm saying yesterdays game plan to throw to the sidelines and run on 3rd and long, is even more stupid.  But I don't expect you to ever see that.

If you're waiting for me to see wisdom or intelligence in what you post, you're absolutely right. I'm never gonna see that 😐

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Rhule and Brady got more yards out of PJ, with a worse line, without CMC.  2x in fact.  Wiks in the press conference said that he didn't want PJ to be "aggressive", which I guess mean throw the ball forward.

Wilks said using any of his 3 timeouts as the Rams punted from there own 30 with over a minute would be being more aggressive than he wanted lol.  

I mean, that is nonsensical.  Especially given the Rams had none.   You could see what the result of the punt was and even run 3 times if you wanted to get into FG position potentially.   Or taken knees.

That's literally just curling up in the fetal position and not trying.  And it's really weak that didn't follow up on that question when he said he wasn't' trying to be aggresssive. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, poundaway said:

🤣🤣🤣You'll be lost when we agree.  What will you do? 
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote the old sayings about blind squirrels and stopped clocks regarding your posts.

Or maybe just go back to the 'players coach' thread where you came in to defend Matt Rhule's coaching techniques.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Quote the old sayings about blind squirrels and stopped clocks regarding your posts.

Or maybe just go back to the 'players coach' thread where you came in to defend Matt Rhule's coaching techniques.

Or we could discuss how you said Tepper and Rhule nailed  the GM hire with Fit.       I'm pretty sure you also said McAdoo was the best hire he could have made.

Shouldn't you be posting some tweets?

We are at ground zero again.  We were at ground zero in 2020, but we hired a staff that ensured we would set off another explosion when they left.  We don't have anybody on the coaching staff capable of turning this mess around on short notice, and truth be told, I'm not sure the Chiefs lending us Andy Reid, the Pats letting us have Hoodie for the rest of the season, the Bills sending us McDermott, or the Eagles letting us borrow Sirianni could turn this mess around.

Our roster has more talent than what we had in 2020, but the team itself is in shambles.  Maybe Wilks can correct that part and instill some drive, particularly on offense, but what he can't correct is that we have zero depth and no starter talent at QB and arguably a couple of other positions, and what has been installed as schemes would not stay on the field with UGA.  None of those things can be corrected a third of the way through the season, so strap yourselves in because this will not be pretty.  The best we can hope for now is it evolves to be less ugly, but without an NFL-grade QB playing, the best option on offense is probably three yards and a cloud of dust.

Yesterday appears to be about what I thought it would be.  I didn't see it and probably won't even try to catch up to it.  But close to absolute zero on offense and the game getting away in the second half is what this team does, especially with some injuries and a QB who would not even be in the league if not for some other injuries and the fact he either shares DNA with our former coach or single-handedly broke up a home invasion at said former coach's house.  I can't think of any other reason.

Moral of the story: the old saying about the number one cause of disappointment is unrealistic expectations applies to yesterday and the rest of 2022.  With any luck, the organization learns to find its arse with both hands so they can hire a staff capable of turning this mess into something starting next year.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, firstdayfan said:

Patriots did it convincingly on the road with a fourth round draft pick from Western Kentucky. Its tough but it aint impossible. Coaching matters.

Don't look now but IMO Zappe looks better than Mac Jones.  He might be the best QB of the 2022 draft. This is exactly why teams need to do their homework and stop listening to the media.  No one gave Zappe a look and he's looking better and better each week.

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Nice non-denial.  🤣🤣

Well, when you're the debate opponent, it doesn't really take much.

You might be hoping people have forgotten just how much support you were throwing behind Matt Rhule and Baker Mayfield, but I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you...

50 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

At least these QB's are NFL caliber backups. PJ just isn't. He's only here due to multiple injuries. If we had cut him like planned (I assume), no one else was waiting in the wings to snatch him up.

The original subject matter was you need an NFL level QB to win in the NFL.

Prior to this season none of those players have ever “won”, including Geno Smith I mentioned in the prior post. Almost all of them were QB2/3 at some point and almost all we had a chance to sign.

Would you have expected Geno to be leading or be in the top tier of a lot of passing markers at this point with 3 wins under his belt?

• Pie 2