• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby Anderson went OFF on Jonathan Stewart -Riot Report

WarPanthers89

19 hours ago, top dawg said:

All of y'all taking shots at Robbie's mental aptitude are just full of poo, plain and simple. I've heard Robbie speak. He's a thoughful guy. Just because he doesn't use the King's English doesn't make him mentally challenged. Robbie communicates very effectively. 

You have been in all the Anderson threads going to bat for the guy, but the fact of the matter is RA is not as good as he thinks he is.  Just like Shannon Sharpe said he is not good enough to act that way on the side lines.  UFA, never cracked a thousand yards, comes here and gets his first 1k season and they give him a stupid undeserved contract extension that blew his head up even further.

As far as his mental aptitude, there is a reason he was academically suspended from Temple....he wasn't smart enough.  Even then Rhule had to go above and beyond and helped get the college to change their rules to get him back in school and on the team, because for whatever reason Rhule has always believed he was more of a special player than he actually is. 

22 minutes ago, KushMcDieselson said:

You have been in all the Anderson threads going to bat for the guy, but the fact of the matter is RA is not as good as he thinks he is.  Just like Shannon Sharpe said he is not good enough to act that way on the side lines.  UFA, never cracked a thousand yards, comes here and gets his first 1k season and they give him a stupid undeserved contract extension that blew his head up even further.

As far as his mental aptitude, there is a reason he was academically suspended from Temple....he wasn't smart enough.  Even then Rhule had to go above and beyond and helped get the college to change their rules to get him back in school and on the team, because for whatever reason Rhule has always believed he was more of a special player than he actually is. 

I said that Robbie communicates effectively, and anyone that suggests otherwise is simply focused on what they perceive as low hanging fruit. They make fun of his manner of speaking. They make fun of his wicks. What next? This all speaks to making fun of one's culture, history and possibly even heritage in some respects. It's not cool. It's distasteful, if not downright ignorant, or possibly stupid. I'm not going for it.

Speak to his perceived maturity and keep criticisms football-related. 

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I said that Robbie communicates effectively, and anyone that suggests otherwise is simply focused on what they perceive as low hanging fruit. They make fun of his manner of speaking. They make fun of his wicks. What next? This all speaks to making fun of one's culture, history and possibly even heritage in some respects. It's not cool. It's distasteful, if not downright ignorant, or possibly stupid. I'm not going for it.

Speak to his perceived maturity and keep criticisms football-related. 

Is it more ignorant for him to talk and act that way and not carry himself as a professional or for people to call him out about it?

When you talk about how ignorant his rants on social media are, is that not speaking to his perceived maturity? 

I ain't even a Robbie hater, I saw he had some potential when he was on the Jets and after his 1k season here had some real hope for him, and then the organization became trash and he started going off the rails on his social media rants that made zero literal sense and his sideline outbursts put him firmly in the locker room cancer category.  While Rhule put up with that from a sub par receiver, Wilks did not.

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, KushMcDieselson said:

Is it more ignorant for him to talk and act that way and not carry himself as a professional or for people to call him out about it?

When you talk about how ignorant his rants on social media are, is that not speaking to his perceived maturity? 

I ain't even a Robbie hater, I saw he had some potential when he was on the Jets and after his 1k season here had some real hope for him, and then the organization became trash and he started going off the rails on his social media rants that made zero literal sense and his sideline outbursts put him firmly in the locker room cancer category.  While Rhule put up with that from a sub par receiver, Wilks did not.

Talk what way?

Did I not say that football-related criticism is fair game?

Talking derogatorily about his mental aptitude, manner of speaking or the way he dresses is really uncalled for.

As one who is educated, has a wife as an educator, and has taken a course or two dealing with vernaculars, communication, psychology and such, I know ignorance when I see it. I also know when it ignorance morphs into stupidity (and other things). I've seen it in reference to Robbie and others plenty of times.