• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Fire Sale" not happening

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No team in their right mind would give a single first for CMC. The production isn't there this year because of the offensive woes and wasn't there the last couple years because of season ending injures.

The production isn't there this year? I mean he's on pace for 1,900 total yards playing in one of the worst offenses we've seen in years.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I agree but if you know its a later pick, and you know you are keeping him from another team and if you know he super charges an already super charged offense and he fits in your timeline for winning.  I can see a super bowl starved team doing it

There are other RBs out there with similar skillsets that while not as good, could probably be had for less.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

8 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Cam Erving

hahahahahaa

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hey, we got returns for Greg Little and Dennis Daley.

I actually think Cam Erving is a decent candidate to get dealt. Lots of tackle injuries out there, I can definitely see a team like the Broncos or Rams sending a 5th or 6th round pick for him.

Edited by UNCrules2187

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Minnesota?  they are 5-1. Add CMC with Cook and Jefferson.  That would be nasty. 

Ask yourself this.  If your were a bills fan would you be banging the table for the team to send a first to get cmac? 

My answer:  hell fug yes I would. I think that is what we probably see in the next couple weeks

9 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No team in their right mind would give a single first for CMC. The production isn't there this year because of the offensive woes and wasn't there the last couple years because of season ending injures.

McCaffrey is 4th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage, only behind Saquon, Tyreek Hill and Nick Chubb. That's with him operating within the worst offense in the NFL. I hardly think people will look at that and scoff at the lack of production

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

We are going to draft a rookie QB next year. 

CMC is THE BEST player to pair with a developing QB. On top of that his dead cap is nasty. 

Honestly our best player to trade for the biggest return is Burns. Which would make sense as we need to redo his contract this offseason.

That said, my head is still in the sand... I still think we are a coach and a half decent QB away from being able to compete. LFG!!!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

The production isn't here this year? I mean he's on pace for 1,900 total yards playing in one of the worst offenses we've seen in years.

"On pace" doesn't matter since injures, changes to the scheme, etc can change that.

There are a dozen guys with more production running and one of them is a QB. Some of them have less attempts with more yards. He's done better catching the ball than other RBs, but that's because he's been used more that way than most other RBs.

So yeah, I would say the production is not there to warrant a first or more.

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

We are going to draft a rookie QB next year. 

CMC is THE BEST player to pair with a developing QB. On top of that his dead cap is nasty. 

Honestly our best player to trade for the biggest return is Burns. Which would make sense as we need to redo his contract this offseason.

That said, my head is still in the sand... I still think we are a coach and a half decent QB away from being able to compete. LFG!!!

So cmc is going to be cool just hanging around a poo team just to make it easier on our rookie qb?  We are 2 years minimum best case scenario for playoffs.  Lets do the right thing and send him to a winner now and get a pick or 2 for him.  By the time we make the playoffs you really think he is going to be productive?

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

"On pace" doesn't matter since injures, changes to the scheme, etc can change that.

There are a dozen guys with more production running and one of them is a QB. Some of them have less attempts with more yards. He's done better catching the ball than other RBs, but that's because he's been used more that way than most other RBs.

So yeah, I would say the production is not there to warrant a first or more.

You say he's done better catching the ball because he's "used more that way" but conveniently leave out that "of the dozen guys with more production running" 8 of those 12 have more carries than he does. Feels like you're cherry picking stats to support your point. You didn't care to respond to the earlier post showing he's 4th in total scrimmage yards so far this year either.

Edited by UNCrules2187
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So cmc is going to be cool just hanging around a poo team just to make it easier on our rookie qb?  We are 2 years minimum best case scenario for playoffs.  Lets do the right thing and send him to a winner now and get a pick or 2 for him.  By the time we make the playoffs you really think he is going to be productive?

Well considering he's only 26 years old and barely has any wear on him for the past two years, yeah I think he will be productive when we're back in the playoffs. As teams like the Giants and Dolphins are showing, all you need is the right combination of coaching staff and decent QB play to be one year away from playoff contention.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Doubt it. Giving up first round picks for oft injured guys is a Panther move, not a move done by well run teams.

The Chiefs used their 2020 1st round pick on Clyde Edwards-Helaire. You think that's a smarter move than even a 1 year rental on McCaffrey for close to league minimum salary? They would easily be the super bowl favorite. Honestly it's a down year for the NFL as a whole and Kansas City and Buffalo seem like the only 2 teams with any legit shot at the Super Bowl. You can give up pick 32 for McCaffrey and nearly guarantee your super bowl win, or you can sit on your thumbs, hope for the best and try to draft another Clyde Edwards-Helaire with that precious pick you were just too damn smart to give up.

I don't doubt for one second that KC and Buffalo would happily get on the phone with Fitterer if their 1st round pick was enough for the Panthers. I just think the team is genuine that it's not and I don't blame them. The last pick of the 1st round is not going to help a rookie qb and the team as a whole more than McCaffrey will. 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We are 2 years minimum best case scenario for playoffs.

Do not agree with this at all.  (I can't believe I am saying this) We have a good offensive line, CMC and some decent WRs.  We have a top 10 defense, if they weren't on the field so much. 

You bring in a good HC with an innovated offense, a QB that at minimum, can manage the offense.  A defensive coordinator that can utilize the good players we have.  It's not impossible to turn this around in one off-season.   

A prime example is the NY Giants. Brian Daboll has this team playing great football.  They are fighting to the end and are winning.  Last year they were as bad as we were.  This year they are in the position to get a wildcard and depending on how the remainder of the season goes.  They could win their division. 

• Beer 1