• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Article

Jay Roosevelt

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I see Murray at 5’10” 194 and Young at 6’  194 when I Google it. I’m sure Young is really 5’11” and some change.

Maybe in college. 

Murray played 2021 at around 207 pounds. It was not insignificant for someone who stands only 5-foot-10. However, it looks like he might be entering the summer closer to 215 pounds. So long as it doesn’t hinder his speed and agility, Murray looks tough to bring down.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah he kind of does. It’s more sudden quickness/twitchiness like Russ Wilson. I’m not not sure he can take the hits from NFL players that comes with that style of play though. 

If hes shown that, I may change my mind a little.....I dont want murray either, but he is a compacted 194 with eel skin.

If you take out the STers, the NFL is 200 LB and up league. yes there are rare expectations, smitty was one *eariler in his career until age got him while each of his calfs were still 55 lbs each.  Plus the NFL has been protecting QBs more with the BS calls, but in my book young needs much more for me to overlook reality...

Edited by Basbear

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Maybe in college. 

Murray played 2021 at around 207 pounds. It was not insignificant for someone who stands only 5-foot-10. However, it looks like he might be entering the summer closer to 215 pounds. So long as it doesn’t hinder his speed and agility, Murray looks tough to bring down.

That’s not really a fair comparison then. Young could bulk up the same after a few years in the league.

I think this is a scenario where the obvious easy layup is right in front of you and everyone will overthink it and convince themselves to take one of the other guys. I’d be happy with Stroud but if we get #1 please don’t overthink this. Get Young 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If hes shown that, I may change my mind a little.....I dont want murray either, but he is a compacted 194 with eel skin.

If you take out the STers, the NFL is 200 LB and up league. yes theres are rare expectations, smitty was one *eariler in his career until age got him while each of his calfs were still 55 lbs each.  Plus the NFL has been protecting QBs more with the BS calls, but in my book young needs much more for me to overlook reality...

• He is able to evade pressure and get the ball out quickly. Ran a 4.4 40 at his pro-day. Has amazing mobility - only equaled in modern times by Mike Vick. Truly exceptional

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Bryce-Young-QB-Alabama

• Beer 1

Do we actually have any data on size/injury prevalence in the NFL? Cam was 6'5" 245lbs and his career was still cut short by injuries that occured mostly in the pocket. Meanwhile Drew Breese played till he was 40.

Football is a dangerous sport, injury is a risk no matter how big of a guy we trot out there. I want the guy who can make fast decisions and make impossible throws. 

• Beer 1