• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ Stroud

Vox

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

As college players, Young and Stroud are better than Corral was. That said, I agree with you about not knowing how that will translate to the NFL.

I would agree with that however, Young and Stroud come from the elite schools in CFB.  Ole Miss isn't as recognizable as Bama and OSU.  

We are drafting a QB so it will be interesting to see how that plays out in the offseason.  I would also imagine we are going to sign a veteran to start the season. 

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

the fact that raw talent wise the QB we draft will be more desired than Corral, and the fact Corral hasnt put good tape out there makes it nearly impossible for him to win the starting job. 

Corral has some amazing traits or as you say raw talent.  We'll see. 

The new HC will definitely have an input into the QB he wants to work with but No coach, outside of Rhule, is going to be tunnelvisioned to just one QB including his draft choice.  I get he'll favor him some but it's not impossible for any QB on the roster to beat him out. 

2 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Isnt that the exact thing that annoyed you about Rhule making corral beat PJ out for the third string role

So you're saying PJ and Corral competed....That's the funniest thing you said during this little debate.  You and I both know that was never the case.  PJ nor Corral were given any decent time under center during camp.  

Rhule never gave Corral a shot.  Rhule was ecstatic that Corral got hurt because  PJ was going to be on the roster at all cost including keeping 4 QBs.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So you're saying PJ and Corral competed....That's the funniest thing you said during this little debate.  You and I both know that was never the case.  PJ nor Corral were given any decent time under center during camp.  

Rhule never gave Corral a shot.  Rhule was ecstatic that Corral got hurt because  PJ was going to be on the roster at all cost including keeping 4 QBs.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

100% but I think its dumb Corral had to "beat" PJ Walker out with such limited reps.  Rhule had the same mentality that the young guys needed to "earn" it.  Not gonna be able to debate the conspiracy on the second paragraph there because I dont believe Rhule was gonna be able to keep 4 QBs on the roster and I dont think PJ had a chance till Corral got hurt.

Next season Corral is going to be the PJ to the new QB though, the team is gonna do everything it can to make sure its investment succeeds.  The only person beating the rookie out is a vet that can lose the job during the season.