• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New HC, OC and DC

DaveThePanther2008

I think Wilks has an uphill climb that I don't believe he'll succeed and retain the positon as HC.  I like him and think he'll do a good job holding the team together, but I think Tepper will want Fitterer to find a good offensive minded HC. This is exactly what I think we'll do.

We can argue all day on which current OC is the best candidate.  The winning candidate, IMO, needs to not only have a good scheme and be creative but also be able to make in-game adjustments and halftime adjustments.  I truly cannot think of one OC we've had since Dan Henning that was decent at in-game adjustments.  I know many of you hated Henning or have a bad opinion of him. However, after the Cheatriots knew our entire offensive plan in SB38, he made the adjustment and put us back in the game.  So, I'll always respect DH as a great offensive mind (for his Era) and what he did to save face for us in SB38. 

Obviously, the new HC should have an OC that is his protege. So, whoever we bring in as the head coach we'll have to be happy with his OC.  I would also want our HC to call the plays since we brought him here because of his offensive skills.  

Defensive Coordinator should be a young talented DC like Demeco Ryans or maybe someone from the McDermott tree.  I know McDermott and Rivera come from the same tree, but McDermott has evolved into a good HC and his defense is elite.

Thoughts?

Yeah Wilks is getting experience and that's what he needs. Still he's a one legged man in a ass kicking contest. He will be given a interview and probably get others but we need a offensive HC. Or at least a Defensive HC that can bring in a bright mind at OC. Either way that's not Wilks. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah Wilks is getting experience and that's what he needs. Still he's a one legged man in a ass kicking contest. He will be given a interview and probably get others but we need a offensive HC. Or at least a Defensive HC that can bring in a bright mind at OC. Either way that's not Wilks. 

This has been mentioned several times but the only bad thing about a DC minded head coach is that his OC, if he does well, will be snagged in a year or two and we have to start over with a new OC.

I'm ready, as most of us are, for an Offensive-Minded Head Coach. 

Just want the right people to be picking the right people.

Owner>consultant>GM>HC>OC/DC

That is what we need.

What we’ve had:

Owner>rehired/fired GM>HC>OC/DC>OCx2>HC>PuppetGM>Owner>HCx2>fired HCs puppetGM/owner>new HC?

I mean really what in the fug is this poo? 

Is Tepper even aware enough to realize this alone makes him a laughing stock joke in the NFL?

Edited by onmyown

25 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This has been mentioned several times but the only bad thing about a DC minded head coach is that his OC, if he does well, will be snagged in a year or two and we have to start over with a new OC.

I'm ready, as most of us are, for an Offensive-Minded Head Coach. 

I feel the same but I just wanted to be transparent. The truth is whoever is HC I hope will have a high degree of skill in at least one side. Because finding a great DC is just as hard as finding a great OC. 

Edited by Snake
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

OC and DC depend heavily on who the head coach is.

This 💯 I’d prefer we start with new blood -offensive minded HC, young but slightly experience OC and slightly experienced or vet DC (but not too long in the tooth). Wilks does well as a DB coach and pass D coordinator but I want coaches with a fresh approach and real ability to put players in the best position to succeed. JMO

Edited by Prowler2k18