• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

What game was that? Tape?

Go back and watch all of his preseason work. He had one good throw which was ok a swing route to a RB. Everything else he basically looked like a fan who won a drawing to play QB that day.

I know you like the guy and hell I had him as my #2 QB in the draft, but damn... he looked flat out awful.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go back and watch all of his preseason work. He had one good throw which was ok a swing route to a RB. Everything else he basically looked like a fan who won a drawing to play QB that day.

I know you like the guy and hell I had him as my #2 QB in the draft, but damn... he looked flat out awful.

I mean the only negative I hear about Stroud is he has too much talent around him. That’s not something he can control and isn’t really a negative as much as a question mark. I believe he has been playing without his top WR these past few games also (granted he has plenty of talent around him). 

I think it’s safe to say that there are people who give great weight to Corral’s 3 quarters of preseason play, and see the results as being on him, and there is another group who either don’t place much weight on it, or simply look deeply at the context of the situation (or spreading blame to coaching, oline, reps, etc).

And at this point, there’s no convincing the other side they are right or wrong. 

Edited by Wundrbread33
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I think it’s safe to say that there are people who give great weight to Corral’s 3 quarters of preseason play, and see the results as being on him, and there is another group who either don’t place much weight on it, or simply look deeply at the context of the situation (or spreading blame to coaching, oline, reps, etc).

And at this point, there’s no convincing the other side they are right or wrong. 

But it doesn't matter who is right or wrong because come April there will be 2 new qbs on the roster.  Everyone agrees rhule fuged this kid but his chances of making an impact on this team is pretty nil at the moment even if he is good

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have a hard time with anything the guy did in preseason as a preview to what he can do. Matt Rhule was god awful and put no one in a position to have any success. Icky, Bozeman, BC, QB competition, it was all god awful.  Getting mental reps doesn't mean squat. He needed to be practicing live reps to gain experience and adjust to NFL player speed. That's how you develop QBs. At this point, I see him as a 3rd round rookie since he never made it through TC and preseason. All I ever hoped is he might be a capable backup at some point and possibly surprise us with some starter potential. I don't expect much from him going forward or that he will even have any shot as a starter. The whole situation is one big poo stain. 

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I have a hard time with anything the guy did in preseason as a preview to what he can do. Matt Rhule was god awful and put no one in a position to have any success. Icky, Bozeman, BC, QB competition, it was all god awful.  Getting mental reps doesn't mean squat. He needed to be practicing live reps to gain experience and adjust to NFL player speed. That's how you develop QBs. At this point, I see him as a 3rd round rookie since he never made it through TC and preseason. All I ever hoped is he might be a capable backup at some point and possibly surprise us with some starter potential. I don't expect much from him going forward or that he will even have any shot as a starter. The whole situation is one big poo stain. 

If you're the next staff though, what else do you have to go off of? You're gonna watch his college tape and you're going to watch those preseason snaps.

You're going to narrow your potential HC list substantially if you tie them to Matt Corral. That's why it won't happen.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're the next staff though, what else do you have to go off of? You're gonna watch his college tape and you're going to watch those preseason snaps.

You're going to narrow your potential HC list substantially if you tie them to Matt Corral. That's why it won't happen.

I'm not suggesting tie them to MC for a new HC to have him as their starting QB. I'm just saying here's what I got from him based on his limited time last year. It wasn't good, but how often do you get a Dak, RW or TB12? I have no issues drafting a new QB. At best, MC is QB3 for now if PJ hangs around and we draft a new QB. But I also think any HC with any NFL experience is going to look at what Rhule did and shake his head saying WTF. Right now MC is the equivalent of Will Grier to me. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not suggesting tie them to MC for a new HC to have him as their starting QB. I'm just saying here's what I got from him based on his limited time last year. It wasn't good, but how often do you get a Dak, RW or TB12? I have no issues drafting a new QB. At best, MC is QB3 for now if PJ hangs around and we draft a new QB. But I also think any HC with any NFL experience is going to look at what Rhule did and shake his head saying WTF. Right now MC is the equivalent of Will Grier to me. 

Rhule screwed this kid.  Even if he has talent like you say at best he is going into camp, coming off a major injury, as qb 3.  We are signing a vet in Feb.  Drafting a guy in April and those 2 will be light years ahead in regards to the new offense simply based on reps in mini camp etc.   I have to think at best the new staff will bring him along slowly and try not to throw him to the fire as that would not be fair for anyone.   He probably will be #3 all season next year and maybe he can build from there.  I seriously doubt it.  

I will reiterate, matt rhule fuged this kid.  It sucks for MC but with his injury and new staff there just isnt any legit path for him to make any sort of meaningful contribution to this team in the near future.