• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCaffrey

PantherPhann89

Just now, ForJimmy said:

That’s my point. It’s a different system with a different team. There is no way to tell how it would have worked over here. He gave discovered Foreman is a solid replacement and our offense seems to be playing better.

But could have been even better with McCaffrey.

In the hands of a competent coach and running behind a Bozeman led line, he and Foreman could have been an amazing one-two punch.

The absolute bullsh-t of Rhule not using Foreman earlier in the season is unforgivable.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We don't know what would have happened if he'd have still been here.

I think the ultimate reality for us here is that a couple of what could have been his best years were wasted because we stupidly hired Matt Rhule.

(and he's likely not the only player that applies to)

Rhule didn’t get him hurt lol, he missed nearly 2 full seasons.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

But could have been even better with McCaffrey.

In the hands of a competent coach and running behind a Bozeman led line, he and Foreman could have been an amazing one-two punch.

The absolute bullsh-t of Rhule not using Foreman earlier in the season is unforgivable.

Maybe we could have been better.  Or maybe PJ would be focused on CMC and running the offense through him instead of distributing it to other players.  I don't know if it was Rhule or not but we had a boring offense that was focused on getting CMC his touches.  The offense is clicking because it is more balanced (and of course our OL is dominating).  

Not sure what yall are blaming Rhule for in this instance, CMC has been hurt the last two years and didn't play. This year he played well and got flipped for draft picks. Just something that happened and worked out. 

If those picks means trading up for a QB or more good players to surround a good QB with then great. Rhule being bad is independent of CMCs usage or whatever. 

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You and Brooklyn know what I mean. Save it, it was a terrible attempt at a hot take about us not liking CMC for some reason when everyone loves him but understands positional value more than you do lol

There's one poster in this thread who in another thread made a negative post about him and specifically mentioned his race.

If that's not a no no then I guess I don't know the rules.

Now I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like the guy. He always seemed like a nice guy, good teammate and he's the best RB in the NFL.

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Not sure what yall are blaming Rhule for in this instance, CMC has been hurt the last two years and didn't play. This year he played well and got flipped for draft picks. Just something that happened and worked out. 

If those picks means trading up for a QB or more good players to surround a good QB with then great. Rhule being bad is independent of CMCs usage or whatever. 

Yeah and it's not like our offense and running backs have been struggling without him.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Maybe we could have been better.  Or maybe PJ would be focused on CMC and running the offense through him instead of distributing it to other players.  I don't know if it was Rhule or not but we had a boring offense that was focused on getting CMC his touches.  The offense is clicking because it is more balanced (and of course our OL is dominating).  

The lack of use for both Foreman and Marshall is something I think you have to lay on Rhule.

• Pie 5

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

There's one poster in this thread who in another thread made a negative post about him and specifically mentioned his race.

If that's not a no no then I guess I don't know the rules.

Now I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like the guy. He always seemed like a nice guy, good teammate and he's the best RB in the NFL.

There is truth to it. Never seen fans rooting so loudly for any other former Panthers running backs especially one whose new team winning means lesser draft position for us in the trade.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The lack of use for both Foreman and Marshall is something I think you have to lay on Rhule.

Agree 100%.  I makes me wonder what we have in Tremble and other players we have labeled as "busts."  I bet/hope Wilks starts using Chinn correctly.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and it's not like our offense and running backs have been struggling without him.

The offensive line has not been perfect but has also made big strides and is night and day from the last two years. The team can run and pass. The problem has been play calling at times and QBs flat out missing throws, like PJ did today. RB has not been an issue this year and the running game looks solid going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Both of those dudes are talented and need reps. Glad we moved Robbie to get TMJ more reps, he didn't haul in some of those passes today but the talent is OBVIOUS. 

I'm not worried about Tremble at all, it usually takes TE a while to adjust to the league. He's gonna be good also bc he had physical talent and you always bank on that.

Very excited to see what Stroud/Levis/Bryce/Hooker can do with these skill guys next year. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

There is truth to it. Never seen fans rooting so loudly for any other former Panthers running backs especially one whose new team winning means lesser draft position for us in the trade.

I'm not rooting for him. I want him to fail and I'm bemoaning the fact just like I bemoaned losing Steve Smith.