• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Wilks

Jai.

12 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Lol today’s comments have given me a good laugh I must say. Would you like to have Sean McD as our coach?? If we can get that intensity and focus out of our players and increase our talent level Wilks really might be the guy. Guys are responding to him similarly to what I’ve seen in Buffalo play hard as hell no matter what. Now we have to get our offense together we need a mentality that attacks offensively all game no matter what is what I’m seeing tonite from Buffalo (and other times as well) throwing up 17 shows the winning mindset. Never stop running your offense no matter what!!!!

McD is looking real good. Not gonna lie, but if he doesn’t close the deal soon he may never get a ring. Are you saying Wilks is on McD’s level? 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

McD is looking real good. Not gonna lie, but if he doesn’t close the deal soon he may never get a ring. Are you saying Wilks is on McD’s level? 

I’m saying he’s getting his team to perform at a high level like I’ve seen Buffalo do. Im seeing the guys play above the level they’ve typically played at add in a franchise QB and we might be able to have that argument. If they lose to Patty McHomes two more times In the afc championship per say it’s understandable we’ll call it the Jordan era and Ewing/Barkley/Malone could help you understand what I mean.

44 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's certainly accomplished more with much less than an coach I coach that I can remember.  I would love nothing more than to see him succeed here.

It would only be fair to allow him be given a chance to pick his coordinators and QB at least to get a shot here. 

To me there's just something unfair about the opportunity he's been given to prove himself here. 

He is an interm HC. He is just supposed to hold down the fort until the end of the season. 
There is nothing unfair about it. If he overperforms great if he doesn’t so what? 
Very likely no matter how he performs he will be gone since interm HC are rarely kept. 
Can’t believe after firing Rivera 3 years ago people actually want to go backwards and hire a guy that is just like him. 
This fanbase is the definition of insanity. 
Bring in Flores or someone that is offensive minded. 
This team needs a change from the norm. ALL our HC were defensive coaches except Rhule. I have no idea what the hell he was. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

He's certainly accomplished more with much less than an coach I coach that I can remember.  I would love nothing more than to see him succeed here.

It would only be fair to allow him be given a chance to pick his coordinators and QB at least to get a shot here. 

To me there's just something unfair about the opportunity he's been given to prove himself here. 

As far as unfair, I don’t see it. He did fire Snow. And he did t Have to take the job. 
Though thinking about it for a second, if he turned it down what does that look like in his lawsuit? 
Still on the merits of the proposition in isolation, he had a choice and went for it.

I look at it as a great opportunity for him and I bet he does too. He will not be judged on playoffs he will be judged on his leadership and football  savvy. At least I would hope so. 
edit: and, he has a chance to show people that maybe Az made a mistake. How long before he would have, if ever, gotten another crack at HC in the NFL? 

Edited by stratocatter
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

As far as unfair, I don’t see it. He did fire Snow. And he did t Have to take the job. 
Though thinking about it for a second, if he turned it down what does that look like in his lawsuit? 
Still on the merits of the proposition in isolation, he had a choice and went for it.

I look at it as a great opportunity for him and I bet he does too. He will not be judged on playoffs he will be judged on his leadership and football  savvy. At least I would hope so. 

It's nice having a Charlotte native come in and kick those bum ass college guys out of town. We didn't lose today because of coaching unless anyone really wants to dive in to the 15 ticky tack flags we got all day long. And the sorry ass kicker

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Wilks is trash as a HC and PJ is as a qb my god people I know we’ve been through a lot that can drive your judgments into silly delusions  but my lord. Wills and  PJ next year will 100% be a losing record please stop. 

this game was close because  the oline and Forman went super sayan, didn’t need a coach or qb for that, but non falcons teams will stop it

try watching several other games outside of the panthers each week and it’s easy to see.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 4
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

They got lucky in the playoffs, Offense looked pretty terrible numerous times. And oh that young offensive mind just put up 14 points against the 49ers today with the same roster

To be fair there's no Whitworth or OBJ this season .. the entire offensive line is decimated .. but McVay and these 'young offensive minds' are overrated

Look at McDaniel in MIA .. what HC outside Rhule wouldn't have a killer offense w/ HILL / WADDLE / TUA .. maybe even Rhule would

Edited by Zappy

1 minute ago, Zappy said:

No he isn't .. Wilks is a better version of Rivera

I don’t take alt trolls seriously but here is the point -

the best man for the job/new regimen doesn’t so happen to ‘coincidentally’ be Wilks. 

Or Fit.

Or PJ.

That makes no sense but this board acts like this is the future. It’s psychotic. 

• Pie 1

Those that say Wilks is like Rivera, can also say he's like McDermott.  They come from the same tree. McDermott is 55-33 with playoff visits all but one year and looking like the most dangerous team in the NFL.   McDermott is a motivator just like Wilks.  You don't need an offensive minded head coach if he can't motivate.  The key is getting the right coordinators.  Good draft picks and good Free Agents.  

Rivera and Fox did a great job motivating their players.  The problem was after Dan Henning left, we never seemed to have a good OC.  

I would like to see Wilks with a new OC.  He's changed McAdoo around and we actually look like a competent offense.  Imagine if he has someone that can work eye to eye with him. 

Bringing in an offensive minded head coach does not automatically make this team better.  Replacing Wilks could put this team back even further than we want.  

Your head coach needs to be a motivator.  You can be an offensive genius but if you can't motivate your team, you won't be a head coach for long. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I don’t take alt trolls seriously but here is the point -

the best man for the job/new regimen doesn’t so happen to ‘coincidentally’ be Wilks. 

Or Fit.

Or PJ.

That makes no sense but this board acts like this is the future. It’s psychotic. 

Nobody thinks Wilks + PJ means success in '23

Wilks + a QB and an off-season of Wilks equals success in '23

• Pie 3

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

It's nice having a Charlotte native come in and kick those bum ass college guys out of town. We didn't lose today because of coaching unless anyone really wants to dive in to the 15 ticky tack flags we got all day long. And the sorry ass kicker

I thought the Falcons did not deserve to win the game based on their performance. But then we didn’t either. I saw improvements in the offense which we all sort of expected with the development of the OL. I liked a lot of what Walker did today. He was hitting guys in stride. That cannot or should not be underestimated. 

I have been a fan of his like most people because of his work. They used to give him scraps, like every year, and he turned them into a unit. They had guys coming off the street one season if I remember right. 
They did that because they knew he could do what he did. That is that thing where you are too valuable for them to promote you. 

I did not particularly follow or research his season in Az but had the feeling he wasn’t given much of a chance. He probably told them something they didn’t want to hear when it was my way or the highway time but who knows.

I probably like him because he is no bs and will tell you the truth.  My impression. 
Which means he will not be afraid to tell Tepper what he thinks. Sometimes, people that everyone says yes to all the time are starving for someone who will tell them the truth. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

I thought the Falcons did not deserve to win the game based on their performance. But then we didn’t either. I saw improvements in the offense which we all sort of expected with the development of the OL. I liked a lot of what Walker did today. He was hitting guys in stride. That cannot or should not be underestimated. 

I have been a fan of his like most people because of his work. They used to give him scraps, like every year, and he turned them into a unit. They had guys coming off the street one season if I remember right. 
They did that because they knew he could do what he did. That is that thing where you are too valuable for them to promote you. 

I did not particularly follow or research his season in Az but had the feeling he wasn’t given much of a chance. He probably told them something they didn’t want to hear when it was my way or the highway time but who knows.

I probably like him because he is no bs and will tell you the truth.  My impression. 
Which means he will not be afraid to tell Tepper what he thinks. Sometimes, people that everyone says yes to all the time are starving for someone who will tell them the truth. 

I think you nailed it. Tepper is kinda  a moron about actual football things and Wilks aggressively made changes to what he saw fit after being the "DB coach" for a few months. If he has the team looking this much better cleaning up Rhules mistakes after a few weeks he should get another year. It's not like Hackett or Kingsbury/ Stefanski are winning over their locker rooms which is half the battle

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1