• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The bandwagon for Grayson McCall

Chris Smitty

5 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

I live 5 miles down the street, I’ve been watching him since he got here, and if you actually read my post I’ve always said, if you are trading back, he is the one.  I have never claimed he was a first rounder, go check my post, but the crap I’m seeing in here, tonight, is rediculous 

I'd throw a 5th at him. Nothing more. He has zero velocity 

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I'd throw a 5th at him. Nothing more. He has zero velocity 

Have you watched this game at all?  He has had plenty of zip on intermittent passes like the one another receiver just missed.  On the deep ball he has touch.  Kids is good, not great right now, but he will not make it to the 5th, round is a possibility but a lot of boards have home as the 5th QB coming out so 2nd rounder is what I’m thinking 

31 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Have you watched this game at all?  He has had plenty of zip on intermittent passes like the one another receiver just missed.  On the deep ball he has touch.  Kids is good, not great right now, but he will not make it to the 5th, round is a possibility but a lot of boards have home as the 5th QB coming out so 2nd rounder is what I’m thinking 

You need velocity to hit 15 to 20 yd passes to the far boundary in the NFL. This guy has pick 6 written all over him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You need velocity to hit 15 to 20 yd passes to the far boundary in the NFL. This guy has pick 6 written all over him.

You can read his release like almost a full second before he throws the ball.  People that give Hooker poo for the offensive scheme he's in, this is like pee wee grade stuff lol. Plus Coastal play against D guys that probably wouldn't make the XFL

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You can read his release like almost a full second before he throws the ball.  People that give Hooker poo for the offensive scheme he's in, this is like pee wee grade stuff lol. Plus Coastal play against D guys that probably wouldn't make the XFL

The pushback against McCall in here is a bit too far but his arm leaves a lot to be desired. If he had legit credentials, his name would be buzzing in the scouting world with these stats he’s putting out and he simply isn’t generating the hype. 

He’s a pretty typical modern mid-rounder a la James Morgan or Minshew. Sometimes they can produce, most of the time they don’t.  That’s really all there is to it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

17 minutes ago, saX man said:

The pushback against McCall in here is a bit too far but his arm leaves a lot to be desired. If he had legit credentials, his name would be buzzing in the scouting world with these stats he’s putting out and he simply isn’t generating the hype. 

He’s a pretty typical modern mid-rounder a la James Morgan or Minshew. Sometimes they can produce, most of the time they don’t.  That’s really all there is to it.

He doesn’t have the strongest arm for sure, but accuracy, touch, etc it’s crazy to read what I’ve read in here.  The number 3 team in SC just beat the best team in NC and it it weren’t for revivers dropping balls it would have been bad

• Pie 1

Nobody says select McCall with our 1st round. But if we pass on Stroud/Young/Levis or we are not in position to select one, we can go for another guy in 1st (Will Anderson, Jalen Carter, Myles Murphy, I love so much Peter Skoronski but OT is not a need for Panthers) and with our second round or SF second round, we can draft a QB like McCall. 

So:

1st: Defensive BPA: Anderson, Carter or Murphy

2nd: a go-to-guy like Jalen Hyatt ou Mark Downs

2nd SF: McCall and strong competition during training camp between Corral, McCall and PJ.

Was at the game last night.  McCall is a damn good player.  Tough, navigates the pocket like a pro, has command on his offense, he showed last night he can change up his speed on passes when he has to.  He does look a little lean and he didnt ever throw just an absolute laser but his arm looked strong enough.  I recall at least one deep ball he threw that looked nice, wish they would go deep more.   Not saying he should be in the top tier but it is surprising more people are not talking about him

11 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

This thread should be changed to "The Official Homer Thread."

Considering it's mostly everyone against the idea, I'd say the opposite.  Reactive on both ends.  He could be okay, likely a mid-rounder.  Wish we got some takes on him rather than whatever this turned into you damn Carolinians and your intensity with college preferences! lol