• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 QBs taken over the last 12 years

Cdparr7

If you need a QB you do whatever you can to find that QB. Doesn’t matter if you pick #1 and it’s just identifying the right one, or picking #10 and determining whether you need to trade up after identifying the right one and then negotiating that trade. It’s a difficult job, which is why none of us have it. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I’ll be honest, I rather keep swinging and sign QBs from other teams until we nail one. I wouldn’t be made one bit if we swung for say a Davis Mills or Jacoby Brissett or some other veteran and just draft Quinten Johnston in the first round.

I want a big bodied, speedy WR so bad to pair with and compliment Moore. I’ve been wanting a legit one/two punch at WR since the prime Smitty/Moose days

Or if we do go QB in the draft.. Quinten Johnston in the 1st and Max Duggan in the 2nd= profit

Edited by UpstatePantherfan
  • Poo 14

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That 2020 class is looking solid (aside from Love). 

compared to the 2 that followed, whom are looking like dog barf.. plus who knows what love can do?? I didnt think the 2021 would struggle this much and 2022 its early and all....but not a start anyone groups wants....

To me its looking much harder to draft just a decent QB. I swear Daniel "why bas" jones is looking like the best option given my 2022 feeling about this upcoming 2023 class...... scouts need to get better at QB, holy god...

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

If you need a QB you do whatever you can to find that QB. Doesn’t matter if you pick #1 and it’s just identifying the right one, or picking #10 and determining whether you need to trade up after identifying the right one and then negotiating that trade. It’s a difficult job, which is why none of us have it. 

Pretty much.  Top of the draft includes teams that are typically at the top and don't pick the right guys (Jags, Jets, Texans, becoming us these days) and many of the better QBs slip to the consistently better teams in their off years. 

Buffalo traded up for Allen, KC for Mahomes, BAL for Jackson.  Those teams targeted their top guy and were fortunate to work out a deal to grab them.  

Other teams take a promising backup with potential while having a guy (I.E. Rozeman grabbing Hurts after paying Wentz)

2020 was a good draft.  And funny thing is I swear the common banter around these parts was that Burrow was a bust/one year wonder with small hands, Herbert couldn't lead, and Tua was going to be too affected by his injury.  

Russ, Rodgers, Cousins and Dak are about the only recent decent talented QBs who genuinely "fell" to their teams.   

We're also about to hit a major QB drought after this season when Brady, Rodgers, & maybe Stafford all retire.  Best to start swinging and take our chance.  

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

compared to the 2 that followed, whom are looking like dog barf.. plus who knows what love can do?? I didnt think the 2021 would struggle this much and 2022 its early and all....but not a start anyone groups wants....

To me its looking much harder to draft just a decent QB. I swear Daniel "why bas" jones is looking like the best option given my 2022 feeling about this upcoming 2023 class...... scouts need to get better at QB, holy god...

I feel like the 2021's college film looked way better than what we're seeing guys put up this year aside from Young and Hooker. Curious if teams learned their lesson reaching in that 2021 draft and will continue to be a little more patient picking QB's the way they were this past draft

14 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

I’ll be honest, I rather keep swinging and sign QBs from other teams until we nail one. I wouldn’t be made one bit if we swung for say a Davis Mills or Jacoby Brissett or some other veteran and just draft Quinten Johnston in the first round.

I want a big bodied, speedy WR so bad to pair with and compliment Moore. I’ve been wanting a legit one/two punch at WR since the prime Smitty/Moose days

Or if we do go QB in the draft.. Quinten Johnston in the 1st and Max Duggan in the 2nd= profit

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I feel like the 2021's college film looked way better than what we're seeing guys put up this year aside from Young and Hooker. Curious if teams learned their lesson reaching in that 2021 draft and will continue to be a little more patient picking QB's the way they were this past draft

I kept giving the 23 group a solid effort, but just not liking them. In the draft forum theres a 22 QB thread and I hated that group long before anyone. Not there with this group, but no love either.....I didnt like Fields in 21 and hes played poor in most games....id take him over this new group, so long the cte checks out and bears have not ruined him...

• Beer 1