• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the NHL

Ottawa rolled Tampa Bay last night 7-4. Last week it took OT to beat them in our house.

Do I honestly think the Canes can beat a team desperately trying to make the playoffs and the next night beat a Detroit team the Canes struggle mightily with? 

No. I have zero reson to believe the Canes, in control of their own destiny, can close the season on a high note.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Ottawa rolled Tampa Bay last night 7-4. Last week it took OT to beat them in our house.

Do I honestly think the Canes can beat a team desperately trying to make the playoffs and the next night beat a Detroit team the Canes struggle mightily with? 

No. I have zero reson to believe the Canes, in control of their own destiny, can close the season on a high note.

Ottawa is out of the playoffs they cannot get higher than an 87. Minimum for a wild card is 91 in the East. That said this is their last home game. 

Detroit is our last regular season home game, so I expect a better performance. 

We could very well have complete control over who the first team in the metro plays Vs. the panthers as well, for our last game, which makes things interesting for the NHL. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

In other news, I watched the Frozen Four Championship last night. RBA was in attendance as Quinnipiac tied the game at 2-2 with an extra attacker inside 2 minutes. Quinnipiac then went on to win in OT.

Talk about some physical hockey. There was not an opportunity to hit someone that was passed up by either team.

Congrats to the RBA family.

• Pie 3

37 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

In other news, I watched the Frozen Four Championship last night. RBA was in attendance as Quinnipiac tied the game at 2-2 with an extra attacker inside 2 minutes. Quinnipiac then went on to win in OT.

Talk about some physical hockey. There was not an opportunity to hit someone that was passed up by either team.

Congrats to the RBA family.

Damn he must have busted his butt trying to get down there after the game. I’m guessing Dundon flew him down. 

• Pie 1