• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields 61 yard rushing touchdown

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

1. What do you mean "gives them a second two?" 
2. Why would I look online when I am just sharing a story of my afternoon with die hard bears fans?

Claypool is a #2 WR. Mooney is a #2. They don’t have a number 1 but outside of them they have a few #4s. So the trade made sense to help Fields out. 

Apologies. I thought your friend was suggesting that the fandom was ready to move on from Fields and I didn’t realize it was just his personal take. 

Just now, Varking said:

Claypool is a #2 WR. Mooney is a #2. They don’t have a number 1 but outside of them they have a few #4s. So the trade made sense to help Fields out. 

Apologies. I thought your friend was suggesting that the fandom was ready to move on from Fields and I didn’t realize it was just his personal take. 

My 3 buddies shared their view of the trade was that the bears over paid for Claypool. Mainly bc Claypool was a 2nd round pick and the Bears paid a 2nd round pick for him and now he is about to command big money. They mainly preferrred that the Bears kept the pick bc there is no need to be trading any picks right now.

and All good.

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

My 3 buddies shared their view of the trade was that the bears over paid for Claypool. Mainly bc Claypool was a 2nd round pick and the Bears paid a 2nd round pick for him and now he is about to command big money. They mainly preferrred that the Bears kept the pick bc there is no need to be trading any picks right now.

and All good.

Pickens made Claypool expendable.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Over his career he ran about 5-6 times per game... in that era of football that was a running QB. You can't compare him to today's football. Especially if you didnt grow up watching that era of football due to the context.

I've watched the game for 50 years, in earnest for 46. That being said, I have my opinions. Young would probably not meet the threshold of dual-threat QB today, so it's kind of hard for me to consider him the best dual-threat QB of "all time." He was the greatest of his time, maybe...He was really adept as a pocket as much as any QB in his day, and his passing yards are indicative of that.

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

and All good.

I agree about the trade, and I generally don't understand trading a pick for an average guy that only has 1-2 years left on their rookie deal. Same way I felt about Henderson. Just give Keith Taylor more snaps, it's basically the same numbers. Shenault is cool because that was 6th/7th round picks which are basically just prioritizing UDFA's

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pickens made Claypool expendable.

Bears are in position to draft Johnson from TCU to be the 1, move Mooney to 2 and Claypool to 3. That’s a potentially dangerous receiving core. Factor in it seems like Kmet is finally emerging and the Bears have a great run game. They just need to draft an offensive lineman in the second, 

Then they have the most money in football to bring in free agent defensive players. They are in a good spot going forward. 

I want that feeling here. We need to draft a QB. 

26 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I've watched the game for 50 years, in earnest for 46. That being said, I have my opinions. Young would probably not meet the threshold of dual-threat QB today, so it's kind of hard for me to consider him the best dual-threat QB of "all time." He was the greatest of his time, maybe...He was really adept as a pocket as much as any QB in his day, and his passing yards are indicative of that.

i had a feeling my message would land the wrong way..... by "you" i meant in general, not specifically you @top dawg

59 minutes ago, Varking said:

11 touchdowns and 1 turnover the last three games for Fields. 

D300FF88-749D-425C-8215-F761E481E148.jpeg

When he had to throw today, he wasn't good.  In the 4th qtr, 3-7, with a pick 6 and two sacks.  

He may eventually be a good qb, it's too early to tell at this point.  But right now, if defenses contain his running (admittedly not an easy thing), he generally doesn't look good.  

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

When he had to throw today, he wasn't good.  In the 4th qtr, 3-7, with a pick 6 and two sacks.  

He may eventually be a good qb, it's too early to tell at this point.  But right now, if defenses contain his running (admittedly not an easy thing), he generally doesn't look good.  

Do note he followed the pick 6 the following drive was a 3 yard run by Monty, 6 yard completion and then this 60+ yard td run. 
And if him not being “a good qb” is resulting in three game stretches of 11 TDS and 1 pick then the NFL is in trouble if he continues to trend upwards. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Do note he followed the pick 6 the following drive was a 3 yard run by Monty, 6 yard completion and then this 60+ yard td run. 
And if him not being “a good qb” is resulting in three game stretches of 11 TDS and 1 pick then the NFL is in trouble if he continues to trend upwards. 

He has played well, no doubt about it.  But at some point, defenses will just play contain and he will have to beat people with his arm.  In truth, Detroit adjusted today, and he wasn't able to do anything on the last drive.  How he reacts to those adjustments will determine whether he becomes great, or just another almost good enough.

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

What @Davidson Deac IIis sharing is pretty significant. I get that Fields can run, and he is elite when it comes to it... but what he is lacking is the most important thing that someone in his position needs. Fields is not a good passer right now.  Yes, he would be elite if he could improve in passing.... but right now.. he is horrid when it comes to passing the football and bc he can run so well.... does not mean he should get a free pass.

• Pie 2