• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ickey (Again)

Jay Roosevelt

11 minutes ago, stbugs said:

😂 Nothing here pisses me off. It’s a message board and you aren’t the king. I’m sure they do hold more weight. Are those reports anything but fluff after the fact? How about all the Wilks has made the team tough again fluff before we got our ass handed to us in the worst half I’ve even seen us play.

I’m still waiting for you to give me one really good move Fitterer has done. You said earlier in the off-season that Fitterer had taken over yet you still blame Rhule for everything. You keep adding in the old Temple and Baylor thing but we’ve got way more moves than those and probably the best “value” move we made was bringing in Reddick which I think we can tie directly to Rhule/Snow.

carefull with using facts around here. 

It is pretty clear that most fit whatever narrative they spin to the agenda they are pushing.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

carefull with using facts around here. 

It is pretty clear that most fit whatever narrative they spin to the agenda they are pushing.

You know exactly how this specific scenario unfolds. I bet you can predict the next post as easily as I can.  

15 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Supposed to hit on first round picks.

True but looking at Mayfield and Darnold on our squad, it shows how frikkin' hard it is to make a good pick at the top of the draft... even when it should be a no-brainer.

I'm not a big Fitt fan, but he seemed to nail this one. And I think the kid is still on the learning curve. He could be great in time.

Just now, Khyber53 said:

True but looking at Mayfield and Darnold on our squad, it shows how frikkin' hard it is to make a good pick at the top of the draft... even when it should be a no-brainer.

I'm not a big Fitt fan, but he seemed to nail this one. And I think the kid is still on the learning curve. He could be great in time.

Well truth be told, it doesn't sound like our emotional "fire everybody" contingent is going to get their wish either way. That means Fitterer and Morgan get a chance for at least a year to do their jobs without Matt Rhule's interference.

I'm fine with that, definitely happier with that option than I am David Tepper building an entire regime from the ground up.

That would scare the living sh-t out of me.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, stbugs said:

😂 Nothing here pisses me off. It’s a message board and you aren’t the king. I’m sure they do hold more weight. Are those reports anything but fluff after the fact? How about all the Wilks has made the team tough again fluff before we got our ass handed to us in the worst half I’ve even seen us play.

I’m still waiting for you to give me one really good move Fitterer has done. You said earlier in the off-season that Fitterer had taken over yet you still blame Rhule for everything. You keep adding in the old Temple and Baylor thing but we’ve got way more moves than those and probably the best “value” move we made was bringing in Reddick which I think we can tie directly to Rhule/Snow.

I'm late to the party, but I value your opinion.  Without getting into drafting a long snapper or not drafting your super-crush Trey Smith, let's take a look at the major moves Fitt has made in the last 12-18 months - primarily dealing with starters.  There may be more, and I'm sure you will let me know, but I feel like these are the main moves.  Tell me specifically which ones you think were fireable offences.  

• Extend Moton.
  • Extend DJ.
  • Extend Jackson (i think that one was bad)
  • Extend Luvu
  • Draft Horn
  • Draft TMJ
  • Draft Tremble
  • Draft Christenson
  • Draft Icky
  • Draft Corral
  • Sign Woods
  • Sign Ionidas
  • Sign Corbett
  • Sign Hecker
  • Sign Foreman
  • Sign Bozeman
  • Trade for Shenault
  • Trade for Henderson (not looking good)
  • Trade for Mayfield
  • Trade away Anderson
  • Trade away CMC
  • Did not trade Burns for 2 first and second (if true, this one has to go in the bad column).

I just don't see a lot of really really bad moves on the list.  The only things I have a problem with are Jackson, Burns, and maybe Henderson - although I don't think he has been as bad as people think.

7 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

I'm late to the party, but I value your opinion.  Without getting into drafting a long snapper or not drafting your super-crush Trey Smith, let's take a look at the major moves Fitt has made in the last 12-18 months - primarily dealing with starters.  There may be more, and I'm sure you will let me know, but I feel like these are the main moves.  Tell me specifically which ones you think were fireable offences.  

• Extend Moton.
  • Extend DJ.
  • Extend Luvu
  • Draft Horn
  • Draft TMJ
  • Draft Tremble
  • Draft Christenson
  • Draft Icky
  • Draft Corral
  • Sign Woods
  • Sign Ionidas
  • Sign Corbett
  • Sign Hecker
  • Sign Foreman
  • Sign Bozeman
  • Trade for Shenault
  • Trade for Mayfield
  • Trade away Anderson
  • Trade away CMC
  • Did not trade Burns for 2 first and second (if true, this one has to go in the bad column).

I just don't see a lot of really really bad moves on the list.  The only things I have a problem with are Jackson, Burns, and maybe Henderson - although I don't think he has been as bad as people think.

As I see it, green is good, red is bad and grey is neutral or too early.

Green-12

Red-5

Neutral-4

The good outweighs the bad, even if the neutral moves are added in.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

• Extend Moton.
  • Extend DJ.
  • Extend Luvu
  • Draft Horn
  • Draft TMJ
  • Draft Tremble
  • Draft Christenson
  • Draft Icky
  • Draft Corral
  • Sign Woods
  • Sign Ionidas
  • Sign Corbett
  • Sign Hecker
  • Sign Foreman
  • Sign Bozeman
  • Trade for Shenault
  • Trade for Mayfield
  • Trade away Anderson
  • Trade away CMC

What about Darnold trade and 5 th year option?

Robbies Extension? 

Drafted a backup LS over well…anyone. 

Just now, Toomers said:

Robbies Extension? 

Inside sources have confirmed that the long snapper pick was pretty much Rhule.

As to Robbie, I still get a pretty good chuckle out of people thinking Fitterer just decided on his own to extend one of Rhule's favorite players.

The fifth year extension though? Reports of confirmed that one falls on Fitterer because he saw it as both a decent gamble and a not terribly expensive one given what the total salary amounted to over two years.

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Robbies Extension? 

Did you read the post?  I specified recent moves over the past 12-18 months that he surely had a hand in and purposefully eliminated moves that did not matter (such as 6th round picks).  No one will convince me he thought an Anderson extension was a good idea. That undoubtedly came from Rhule. 

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Robbies Extension? 

Purely a Rhule move.  The post-draft film even confirmed this.  Rhule looked at Scott and said 'let's take Fletch.'  Apparently they had a bro-mance at the Senior Bowl.

1 minute ago, grimesgoat said:

Did you read the post?  I specified recent moves over the past 12-18 months that he surely had a hand in and purposefully eliminated moves that did not matter (such as 6th round picks).  No one will convince me he thought an Anderson extension was a good idea. That undoubtedly came from Rhule. 

Yes I read it. And wondered how he got credit/blame for 2021 draft and not the 2021 trades and FA and deciding options. We can go with TMJ over Humphrey if it fits better.