• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns has more sacks than any other player in NFL history under 25 years old

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

True but this whole game is garbage time. I need that sack against good teams before the season is over 

If Burns was on the Chiefs he would be an absolute game wrecker. This game alone he crushed three drives single-handedly. On a team like the Chiefs they would capitalize and put points on the board but he’s stuck on a team with a pathetic offense. He’s young and will keep getting better.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You do realize the "haters" don't actually hate Burns. They just don't think his game is complete enough to pass up an early 2nd this year, 2 1sts from a team looking really bad really fast, and the 30m per year in salary we will be paying him. 

You do realize in football there are players that specialize in a certain area right? Rarely are there players good at everything. Along the dline, you have run stuffers, pass rushers, and just space eaters so that everyone else can get to where they are supposed to. Burns is a pass rusher and good at what he does and should be kept. It is not his fault we cant find a permanent compliment opposite to him.

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You do realize the "haters" don't actually hate Burns. They just don't think his game is complete enough to pass up an early 2nd this year, 2 1sts from a team looking really bad really fast, and the 30m per year in salary we will be paying him. 

2 firsts in 2024 and 2025 that could be with a different GM. I don't think you "trade everyone and start over" guys actually have a plan it's all on the fly reaction because you're frustrated. I get it I really do. But if we were offered that for Burns his value isn't going anywhere he's under 25. This isn't like hoarding an overpaid running back he plays one of the two most sought after positions in the league right now just let things play out.

Just now, frankw said:

2 firsts in 2024 and 2025 that could be with a different GM. I don't think you "trade everyone and start over" guys actually have a plan it's all on the fly reaction because you're frustrated. I get it I really do. But if we were offered that for Burns his value isn't going anywhere he's under 25. This isn't like hoarding an overpaid running back he plays one of the two most sought after positions in the league right now just let things play out.

Exactly, I was in the trade burns for 3 first and 2nds (whatever equals 4 first round picks) because if the hit rate for a DE is 25% in the first round well... you need four picks because Burns is a muthafugin hit.

22 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

You do realize in football there are players that specialize in a certain area right? Rarely are there players good at everything. Along the dline, you have run stuffers, pass rushers, and just space eaters so that everyone else can get to where they are supposed to. Burns is a pass rusher and good at what he does and should be kept. It is not his fault we cant find a permanent compliment opposite to him.

Of course I realize that. But his game is not TJ Watt, JJ Watt, Khalil Mack, or any other number of elite edge rushers and we are getting ready to pay him like he is. I like Burns as a piece and for the right price, keep him. I think we could have netted more production overall with those 3 picks and 30m than we will get just from Burns. I could be wrong, but there's risks in everything. 

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cool.  Why didn’t you bump this thread last week?

7 tackles, 1 sack, 1 tackle for loss, 3 QB hits. What a horrific game 🙄. I don’t react/overreact on a week by week basis, and I also can tell the difference in a body of work on a rookie contract vs future potential and how that relates to his value. We haven’t finished our 12th game yet and he’s already hit double digit sacks for the year. Is he an all Pro yet? No. Does he have the potential to get there? Yes. He’s 24 playing at a pro bowl level at one of the most important positions on a team other than LT and QB