• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Games Week 12

Varking

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Richardson is younger, they didn't rush him today but he's better at that, his big time throws looks way better than any "highlight" I've seen of Levis throwing further than 10 yards. Richardson is obviously the best player at Florida, Levis is just kinda the QB game managing for Kentucky. No sense of urgency for whatever reason on that offense, it seems like they let him game manage and when he does let it loose he gets picked off

Agreed. I'm way more intrigued about Richardson. Sold on him? No, not even close. But you can sell me on Richardson a lot easier than you can sell me on Levis.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Varking said:

Rookie Josh Allen was terrible, too. Hell, it wasn’t until year 3 in the NFL he went over 60% completions. But it’s the formula you want to follow if you are drafting a Richardson or even a Levis. Get the guy and then you MUST surround him with talent. Go after guys via trades and the draft on offense to protect him and give him targets to throw to. 

Don’t do what we did for Cam and draft him and then sort of kind of forget to protect him. 

Quick do Jamarcus Russell

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Rookie Josh Allen was terrible, too. Hell, it wasn’t until year 3 in the NFL he went over 60% completions. But it’s the formula you want to follow if you are drafting a Richardson or even a Levis. Get the guy and then you MUST surround him with talent. Go after guys via trades and the draft on offense to protect him and give him targets to throw to. 

Don’t do what we did for Cam and draft him and then sort of kind of forget to protect him. 

Absolutely. Josh Allen is a bust if he was drafted by Carolina in 2011. Cam was different.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Is this an IQ concern on top of general football concern? I know his TikTok account is a total red flag for me personally in addition to the bad play

I don't think IQ has much at all to do with football ability. Listen, I think you're going to struggle to be an elite NFL QB if you're a mouth breathing moron but you don't exactly have to be a theoretical physicist either. HOW you process information is important. A lot of deep thinkers aren't gonna work. If you're thinking once that ball is snapped you're too slow. You have to be able to revert to instinct at that point. And honestly I think that's why a lot of teams downgraded guys whose Wonderlic scores are TOO high. Really smart guys are too apt to try to think their way through it and it doesn't matter how quick of a thinker you are you're still gonna be too slow.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think IQ has much at all to do with football ability. Listen, I think you're going to struggle to be an elite NFL QB if you're a mouth breathing moron but you don't exactly have to be a theoretical physicist either. HOW you process information is important. A lot of deep thinkers aren't gonna work. If you're thinking once that ball is snapped you're too slow. You have to be able to revert to instinct at that point. And honestly I think that's why a lot of teams downgraded guys whose Wonderlic scores are TOO high. Really smart guys are too apt to try to think their way through it and it doesn't matter how quick of a thinker you are you're still gonna be too slow.

I agree to an extent. That's like comparing a Brady/Brees type mind to a Brett Favre/Rivers type Yolo gunslinger. Problem is Levis don't even sling the thing like that. I don't even know if he can do the Russell Wilson scramble and get lucky on 50/50 balls thing that worked for 10 years

8 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I agree to an extent. That's like comparing a Brady/Brees type mind to a Brett Favre/Rivers type Yolo gunslinger. Problem is Levis don't even sling the thing like that. I don't even know if he can do the Russell Wilson scramble and get lucky on 50/50 balls thing that worked for 10 years

I bet even a "cerebral" type of QB along the lines of a Brees or Brady has a 115ish level IQ. Basically a run of the mill "smart" guy. One standard deviation above the average idiot.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I bet even a "cerebral" type of QB along the lines of a Brees or Brady has a 115ish level IQ. Basically a run of the mill "smart" guy. One standard deviation above the average idiot.

Oh yeah I agree. Brady/Brees/Rodgers are all in that area of smarter than the average jock and have tons of money but should not go anywhere near a podcast to discuss their personal opinions on anything non-football related lol. 

Anthony Richardson is way worse at throwing a football than either Lamar or Justin coming out, and to expect him to be able to run even the offense they run took a while for them to run well in the NFL.  NFL defenses are already gearing up to defend that trend of QBs and idk why you think they wouldn't key in on stopping him from running the best they could and defend the pass.

I get saying Richardson > Levis because yea, Levis is giving me Hackenberg vibes but I would not be estatic with Richardson when there's. Way more interesting prospects even if you wanna wait til R2 ala Bengals.

• Pie 2